Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

KICKS GOBBLIN THUNDER!

Old 03-10-2004, 03:18 PM

Default KICKS GOBBLIN THUNDER!

as you all probably know i was not happy at all with the performance from my jellyhead choke, so yesterday i sold it. basspro is having a sale on the kicks so i ordered one for my 835 ulti-mag. i know that these are really good chokes, but i was just wanting some advice from others that have this choke and the 835 and could tell me what there best shell brand, shot size and 3" or 3"5 shells too. thank you and god bless
Rick
'
Old 03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: KICKS GOBBLIN THUNDER!

..I think you did the best thing...but i would buy a comp-n-choke..xxx full..but
kicks would be my second choice..[:-][:-]
Old 03-10-2004, 06:55 PM
taw

Actually totoe, comp n choke makes the kicks gobblin thunder choke tube. A couple of weeks ago I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with comp n choke and the guy there told me that I would see very little if any differance btw. the two. So, the moral is they are both pretty much the same tube.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:18 PM
Typical Buck

The two chokes will have different effects on the wad or cup. The compnchoke has slot ports as the Kicks has drilled ports. The comp n choke has the ability to vent the most gas following a shot because of the absence of surface area. The gas venting helps to slow the wad down as it passes the choke. Most new shotgun loads will seperate from the shot column at about 15 yards. The wad is designed to catch air and open like a parachute to help with seperation. I have posted before though, the best choke performance I have seen was from the H.S. Undertaker and a Benelli 3" #5 Winchester Supreme. The Undertaker is not ported and it stripped the wad wide open as it went out the tube. Undertakers are $20 but do not reduce recoil a bit. A major benefit from ported choke tubes is slower vented gases reduce kick.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Typical Buck

I find that kinda hard to believe. Two companys like that and one make tubes for the other? That like saying Mad calls aren't really made by Mad, their made by Quaker Boy. So, the moral is they are both pretty much the same calls.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

You find what hard to believe?

Dont know why its two seperate companies. They are in the same building I know that. I drive by it all the time. Maybe the two seperate styles of ports, means two differnt lines (name brand) but its still one Corperation.

Food companies do it all the time. Pizza Hut, Taco Bell and KFC is owned under the same umbrella group.

Kicks Industries
925 Waynesboro Hwy.
Sylvania, GA 30467
1-800-587-2779

Comp-N-Choke
925 Waynesboro Hwy
Sylvania, GA 30467
1-888-875-7906
Old 03-11-2004, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

I apologize there taw, you were right. Just never heard the over the years that the two were connected. They became one in company in 1998, even my buddy who own a sporting goods shop for many years and carries Kicks tube didn't know it. Again I apologize. Good luck this season