Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Jellyhead Choke Pattern Results >

Jellyhead Choke Pattern Results

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Jellyhead Choke Pattern Results

Old 03-05-2004, 10:04 AM

Default RE: Jellyhead Choke Pattern Results

Awesome!!!
Old 03-05-2004, 10:52 AM

thats pretty amazing. A pretty even pattern at 20 that you dont have to hit a golfball to kill the turkey. Is that a 10" circle? The pattern at 37 yards is pretty awesome too.
Old 03-05-2004, 02:13 PM

sour01, i agree completely with you. the choked sucked bigtime i don't know if you saw my post or not, but it was the same results as yours, to tell you the least i am utterly dissapointed in the jellyhead i even complained on the primos website about this, so i went back to my old trusty undertaker choke and it blew the jellyhead away and it only cost $2o compered to the $52 on spent on the jellyhead. i have the same gun as you also with the simmons pro-diamond let me know your results when you find a great combination, and i will let you know as well, i am going out in the morning to do some more patterning. thank you and god bless.
PS i also have one for sale for an 835 shot only twice too.
Old 03-05-2004, 03:48 PM
Typical Buck

I shot my 1187 with the Jelly tube the other day using Hevi-shot #6 and these are my results. At approx 30yards (walking it off) I had 209 hits in a 11" circle, 87 in the turkey out line and 53 in the vitals. I shot standing free hand and can see that my pattern is low left. Won't move the sights until I shoot from sand bags and a shot from my Winchester HV #6 in order to compare. My pattern covered the target well and for the photo I marked only the hits in the circle.

Old 03-10-2004, 05:22 AM

HEY GOBBLER TRACKS SEND ME AN E-MAIL ABOUT THAT 835 AT [email protected] THANKS FOR YOUR TIME LET ME KNOW CAMO OR NOT.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:25 AM

SOUR01

Based on your results and other complaints I saw on the web at other forums, etc., and based on the fact I went and bought me a brand new Mossberg 935 turkey gun, I sent the Jellyhead choke back to Wing Supply and ordered a Rhino .695 extended choke, plus a box of ten Nitro 3 1/2" 4x5x7 HeviShot. So I won't be able to report on any Jellyhead test results in my SBE, which is now retired as my turkey gun, but I will report on the Rhino in my new Mossberg, after I get the choke and after I polish the barrel of the Mossberg (see other posts on this forum about barrel polishing). I won't shoot a lot of those Nitro shells at patterns, given each one costs about $4.50 a shell. I plan to pattern the new gun and choke combination with "cheaper" Remington HeviShot, and then maybe shoot a 20 and 40 yard Nitro at paper, just to see that I'm not getting a hole in the pattern, etc.

I won't be able to post pics as I'm technologically deficient, but I'll post the pellet counts when I get the test patterning done, which looks like I'll do next weekend (the 20th).
Old 03-10-2004, 09:14 AM
Spike

Snowdog... you will definitely be impressed with that combination!!!