Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 dont think ill hunt turkey this spring >

dont think ill hunt turkey this spring

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

dont think ill hunt turkey this spring

Old 02-24-2004, 06:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: dont think ill hunt turkey this spring

i think you should come down with a 24 hour virus and go hunting
Old 02-24-2004, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I see a few options 1. Either you are really good and will go to college or the minors in which case you should paly ball. 2. You are good, but baseball is not in your future after school, so play now while you still can, turkeys will still be there after school. 3. you aren't that good and just ride the pine barely getting in, in which case you should bag it and go hunting.
Old 02-24-2004, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

you do what you want and enjoy the most. hopefully you can get out on Sat and Sun. ?? I am in the same boat with my brother - he plays sports (and is one of the top athletes in his school) all year long. Therefore he doesn't get to hunt at all - we try and get him out 1 or 2 times but didn't happen this past year. I think a state chapionship in football will do over hunting for this year and next (most likely) (I even missed several days due to football games and wouldn't have changed a thing). hopefully he will have the urge to hunt when he is out of school & college. I say play while you are young - it gets much harder as you get older and the woods will always be there.
Old 02-24-2004, 12:54 PM

Your playing baseball, and since your team depends on you, you should be committed to them...I played baseball in high school and college and there's no harm in missing a class to run after turkeys, IF you can keep up with your school work and there's not a game on that day....I say think about it before totally saying yay or nay.
Old 02-24-2004, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck Deerslayer357 on the baseball this spring. I look back on playing baseball in high school and college as a great time in my life along with hockey, football, and track in my high school years. I still miss it to this day and once it's gone...it's gone. Luckily, I get to lace up the skates once a week in the winter but it's not the same intensity. So make the most of it. You might want to buy a turkey license just in case you can slip away for a morning or two. If not, you'll have plenty of time in the years to come to get out in the spring woods...
Old 02-24-2004, 05:42 PM

I dont think I'll be hunting turkeys this spring is like saying I dont think I'll be having sex this spring! LOL Hey never know, it might only take you one morning to get your bird.
Old 02-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

DUDE, SERIOUSLY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU? JK.

Are you certain there is no way you can get out this spring?
Old 02-24-2004, 09:41 PM

I'd stick with your school stuff and hunt on the weekends, you'll regret not playing later in life, I mistakenly passed up my Senior year of Football and regret it to this day, some fifteen years later[:@] .My team went to the playofffs for the first time in thirty years that season. I hope it was just a coincidence.
Besides if playing ball is in your future maybe you'll be able to afford turkey hunting the rest of your life
Old 03-04-2004, 06:32 PM

ill go out on sundays and any other time i get
Old 03-04-2004, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Playing on a ball team with your buddies is a LOT of fun. Enjoy high school. There will be time to turkey hunt if you really want to go after them. Do what YOU want to do, and don't look back.

Quick Reply: dont think ill hunt turkey this spring

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.