Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Aluminum Calls

Old 02-12-2004, 07:30 PM

Default Aluminum Calls

I have always seemed to overlook aluminum friction calls, probably because the first one I heard I didnt like. I have now decided to buy one. Which would be the best one in a reasonable price range?
Old 02-12-2004, 07:45 PM

Default RE: Aluminum Calls

..JUST FOR ME...I STILL STAY AWAY FROM THEM..BUT THEY CAN BE VERY
EFECTIVE CALL,MY SELF I WOULD CHOOSE ALUMI-WITCH..H.S. STRUT CALL
..........THANKS.....
Old 02-12-2004, 07:59 PM

I really like the Madd super aluminator but that is the only aluminum call I have used.It makes great calls loud or soft,wet or dry.It is my experience that aluminum calls require more maintanence than slate or glass calls.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:38 PM

Slatecall,

I've used the H.S. Strut Black Magic aluminum call for several years now with outstanding success! It comes with an acrylic striker and a carbon striker but it really shines when used with the H.S. rosewood striker. It sounds awesome for such a reasonably priced off the shelf call. Runs around sixteen bucks at the local Wal-Mart I believe. Give one a try, I think you'll like it also!
Old 02-12-2004, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll second MTT here and give H.S.'s Black Magic another plug!Give it try!
http://www.hunterspec.com/Updateable...&categoryID=33
Old 02-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Typical Buck

A third vote for the Black magic. It is an awesome call. The acrylic striker sounds the best to me, and it is easier to use; but the magic wand also sounds great when you practice with it. It is one of the sweetest calls that I have heard yet. I got mine for around twenty dollars. Well worth it. BB
Old 02-13-2004, 05:20 AM
VP

I picked up a couple fo the QB Aluminator's a couple of weeks ago and was shell-shocked at the tone, and volume of this call, I was extremely pleased with it. Its very versitale
Makes me wish I would have gotten on long ago- I was like you, I had heard one a while ago and never cared for it, I probably wouldnt have one now if it wasnt for my son pitching a fit in the sporting goods store over one- I ended up going back and picking one up for myself.

Try one i, it's worth it
Old 02-15-2004, 08:54 AM

I use a Mad Calls Super Aluminatior, w/several different types of strikers.
I also have one of there multi tip strikers.
I am sitting inside a double bull blind, so the sound needs to escape the blind. It's a cotton/poly blend of fabric & sprayed w/blackout, it has 8 shooting windows + small viewing windows that the sound can escape thru. The volume created by the alumminum call "escapes" those confines a little easier.
I don't use it till later in the day, since it can be to loud in the early mornings. I like my wing thing & some soft calls, along with my morning coffee....
Old 02-15-2004, 05:12 PM

I have never been too crazy about aluminum calls..not until I got an Alumaglass by American Friction..it's probably my favorite and easiest to use friction call I have. It's not the real high pitched..although you can run it that way....just sounds good and can get raspy yelps also. http://www.midwestturkeycall.com/det...AF10&cc=T&dn=1
Old 02-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kight and Hale's Silver Queen is really well priced and is a nice call. One of my friends has it.

Quick Reply: Aluminum Calls

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.