Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Charles Dailey??

Old 02-07-2004, 10:21 PM
Typical Buck

Default Charles Dailey??

Does anyone shoot a Charles Daily shotgun? I bought a 835 this year and like it, but when I was shopping around, I saw a Charles Dailey and couldn't really find out anything about them. Are they good guns? I've got a few buddies that are shopping for new guns and have also looked at them. Any info will be appreciated.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Charles Dailey??

Told the wife last year I wanted a auto loader....so her not knowing anything about them....bought me one at Wally World for Christmas this year. Like you...I knew nothing about them....so I searched the internet message board's to find out anything about them....Most I found were negitive coment's.....but did find a few good one's....I took it with me Goose hunting this year.....and I fell in love with it.....Nice and light...not much of a kick......shot great, and sure knocked the bird's down....only negitive thing I found...was that it would'nt load Federal shell's good......but then my wife's Rem 870 won't eject federal shell good either.....both gun's work super with any other shell
Old 02-08-2004, 01:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have never personally shot one but I thought about getting one. I checked it out really good on message boards and found the same thing as Wayne.....Most comments were bad. Because of that I decided to get the Franchi Model 912
Old 02-08-2004, 07:34 AM

A friend of mine bought one this year. He fell in LOVE WITH IT. I shot it a few times and really liked it. From what I have seen and heard It's a really good gun if you take care of it. And you will always have others who won't like anything but the best.
Old 02-08-2004, 09:01 AM

I just won a Charles Daley pump w/realtree HD @ our NWTF chapter banquet ! I almost #%&$ my pants. As you can see from my login, I do not use a gun. I have been archery only since 1979, deer, bear, and turkeys since 1996.

Anyway back to Charles Daley, www.charlesdaly.com first of all is the best way to find out about there very "high quality" products.
I grew up with a gun smith in my neighborhood, the "swede" god rest his sole. He swore by their scopes, he custom built rifles & would not mount any other scope!
I am lucky the sporting goods store that supplies the guns, allows you to apply the value to anything in their store. I have no use for a gun....
Nothing against them I used to hunt ducks & geese, phesants, grouse.
My hunting time is very limited and I choose to use arrows only...
Old 02-08-2004, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I won an auto-loader last year at our banquet, I had never shot one until this one, I run several boxes of ammo thru it our last dove season, Love it, nice and light, feels great, nice lookin camo, and no problems what so ever, plus they all have a lifetime warranty with shipping paid by them, not many companies will do that.
Old 02-08-2004, 10:58 AM

i won a charles daly at our nwtf banquet a couple years ago 12gauge and i like it alot.....
Old 02-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the posts. Can anyone that reported problems with the guns be specific on what problems they had? Also, did Charles Dailey fix the problems for them? I'm not trying to get any feathers ruffled, just some info. Thanks-GB
Old 02-08-2004, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I never heard a specific problem....just that they did'nt like them.....also most post's where not of people that had shot one...but knew a buddy that knew a buddy that had. I think alot of the post were self justification of their purchase of the more expencive gun...Think it's a pride thing....they don't want a low $$ gun to shoot as well...or better than their high $$ one. I do know that I have a life time warranty with my CD. I'm wanting now to purchace another CD for my wife
Old 02-08-2004, 07:58 PM

Ive got several shotguns including a Browning BPS 10 ga, and a Remington 870 exp super mag, both of those are great turkey guns. But I just bought a Charles Daly 3 1/2 inch 12 ga pump in Realtree HD, at wally world. It was only 209.95!!! Thats dirt cheap for any turkey gun, and it shoots as good as any other that I have, and its a lot lighter, especially than the 10 ga. My only problem is the grip and forend arent quite as comfy and smooth as some, but thats really minor. For the money, I dont hink you could find a better turkey gun, especially if your always loaning one toa buddy or new hunter your taking out for the first time. IMO theyre great.

Quick Reply: Charles Dailey??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.