Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Anyone near Sc on Team 2 >

Anyone near Sc on Team 2

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone near Sc on Team 2

Old 02-03-2004, 11:02 PM

Default Anyone near Sc on Team 2

Well i see that i am on team 2. If anyone lives near south carolina and is interested in getting together for a hunt let me know, i have around 700 acres...or we can go to your place, let me know. Hell if anyone on the other teams wants to hunt and you live near sc lets get together. I always game for meeting new friends.

Old 02-04-2004, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Anyone near Sc on Team 2

hey .308 I'm on team two as well. Only problem is I live in Iowa. If you're game for meeting new friends thats cool. Maybe some other year we could get together to hunt. I wouldn't have the money to make it to SC this year. I think thats pretty cool just offering to hunt with people. I dont have alot of friends that hunt so I always like to meet people who do. Feel free to email me anytime about anything. Maybe even the chance to come up and hunt where the animals are big.
Old 02-04-2004, 06:03 PM

I hunt mostly Sumter National forest near Clinton.
A group from PA is coming down the first week of the season and I'm going to be pointing them in the right direction.

Maybe after that we can get together sometime.

Good luck
Old 02-05-2004, 12:00 AM

HEy guys thanks for relying. I definatley look forward to meeting you both. Jepco it would be great to come hunting up there. I have never hunted in Iowa. I guess when i can afford it maybe i will make the adventure, thanks again for the invite. I too dont have that many friends that hunt so its nice to meet people that enjoy it as much as i do... I am finding less and less people these days who do hunt.

Mailman: Lets do that. Let me know when you can make sometime. If you want i can come up there, or you down here. I see that clinton is about a hour and 30 min from columbia. PM me your number and i can give you a call.
Have fun with that group and good luck to you both
Old 02-05-2004, 08:21 AM

I went squirrel hunting in your back yard the other day Mailman29680. Down there on the enoree river just after you cross into Union County. I'm from Laurens. I've got a small farm I hunt here but I also hunt game management some. It's nice to know there are a few neighbors on this sight. Maybe I'll see you on the river one day Mailman. [8D]
Old 02-05-2004, 11:08 AM
Spike

I didn't get on a team this year since I'm new to this area and not sure how my season will turn out. I just got stationed at Shaw AFB between Columbia and Sumter and this will be my first turkey season here. Hunting these WMA's limits me to hunting on Saturday's only and competing with the crowds since I work during the week. Hope to see you fellows this spring
Old 02-05-2004, 06:00 PM

T-dog,
We camp the first week of gobbler season at the Brickhouse campground.

I hunt mainly along the Tyger River but have been on the Enoree.

Good luck
Old 02-05-2004, 09:00 PM

mailman: 308

I hunt mostly Sumter National forest near Clinton.
How is that WMA...are there alot of crowds on it. I see you can hunt there 6 days a week. It looked good online. I would like to come oup and give it a try.

I also thought about manchester...is that a good WMA. I went there for deer this year and i about got run over by other crazy ass hunters. So i stuck wiht the land i have...let me know what you think

Old 02-07-2004, 09:58 AM

You usually don't see any hunters on wma durring the week. Saturdays are another story. When one gobbles on a Sat. morning you are liable to hear the chorus sing. I've never hunted Manchester but I've had good luck on most WMA lands I've hunted. I've had a few bad experiences on WMA though. I even had a person follow me through the woods calling to me! I guess he was looking to shoot him a hen. Needless to say I got out of there.
Old 02-07-2004, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah thats always a little freaky when you dont know where other hunters are but you do know that they are there.

Quick Reply: Anyone near Sc on Team 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.