Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 H.S. Strut Cutt'n & Strutt'n 8 >

H.S. Strut Cutt'n & Strutt'n 8

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

H.S. Strut Cutt'n & Strutt'n 8

Old 01-31-2004, 10:52 AM

Default H.S. Strut Cutt'n & Strutt'n 8

Just got Hunter's Specialties latest video last week. As usual the HS boys deliever a terrific turkey video! New to the team this year is Steve Stoltz. As most of you probably know, Steve has been with M.A.D Calls and Drury Outdoors since they got off the ground back in '93. His Iowa hunt is my favorite of the video, along with Matt Morrett's Alabama turkey. The video wraps up with a touching segment with rescued PA coal miner Bob Pugh. Many will recognize Bob as one of the 9 Somerset miners who we're trapped underground for several days last year. His hunt and story are breathtaking.

One thing I noticed about the video was that more than half the gobblers harvested had AWESOME spurs, 1 1/4" or better. Wait 'til you see the hooks on one that got away []. All in all, great video, more than worth the $9 price tag!

Tyler
Old 01-31-2004, 09:27 PM

Default RE: H.S. Strut Cutt'n & Strutt'n 8

Hey PA, i have it is is a really good video i have all of theirs from previous years and they never changed their still top notch videos, also try primos new truth 15 "freaked out" it is excellent.
Old 01-31-2004, 10:44 PM

The "H.S. Strut" boys continue to deliver quality turkey hunting videos. #8 is no exception and is worth the money. I have enjoyed it to the fullest. I wore out #7 last year as I watched it more times than I care to admit. These presentations are the best!!

If you haven't had a chance to check out the Realtree All-Stars series, your missing out on exceptional turkey hunting video. I just bought All-Stars of Spring XI an found it to be excellent as well. Good footage of many quality gobblers which gave me good ideas on new set-ups. I plan on getting the earlier versions to see if they are as good.
Old 02-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

PBB,always up for a good video thanks for the heads up!I was fortunate to compete in the Grand Nationals against Steve years back when he was with the Mad guys.Steve made it to the final round and how ironic that Matt which I know you'll like because you enjoy scratch calls blew everyone away with his slate call taking the championship!Steve and I sat together on the plane on the way home and talked turkey all the way.He's a terrific caller/hunter and one heck of a nice guy!!
Old 02-01-2004, 04:48 PM

Bob,

Matt Morrett has been my turkey hunting idol ever since I called in my first turkey, back when I was ten. He's a fellow PA boy, and as you said a friction call addict. I'd love to have the chance to meet him or ([:-]) maybe even hunt with him someday.

I was considering entering the big calling conest in Harrisburg (which Matt usually dominates) this year, but I must admit I get some pretty bad stage fright. I did win a local contest two years ago using nothing but a slate call.

On an unrelated HS note, does anyone know what happened to Pat Reeve? I noticed he was in some deer hunting magazines this fall wearing Mossy Oak camo and using Wildlife Research Center scent products.

Tyler
Old 02-02-2004, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tyler I was watching the Outdoor Channel today and H.S. aired the hunt with Bob Pugh!Matt did alot of talking with him before the hunt over the whole experience of being trapped underground and Bob kept emphasizing how a turkey hunt he had last spring kept his spirits up under such bleak conditions!Truly a heartwarming story!
Old 02-02-2004, 08:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah thanks for letting us know about the video, I'll have to check it out......and of course your favorite hunt on there is in Iowa
Old 02-03-2004, 01:12 PM

I was also wondering what happened to Pat Reeve. I really enjoyed watching and listening to him in #7. Does anyone know if he is working for another company?