Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

I didn't get a tag.

Old 01-28-2004, 03:57 PM

Default I didn't get a tag.

I didn't get a tag to hunt Northern Utah. Although I wasn't supposted to be emailed untill Feb 4, I found out today that I didn't get a tag. I hope a friend gets one. If not, I will have to leave the gun at home and bring out the camera. Either way, should have a lot of fun.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:02 PM

Default RE: I didn't get a tag.

Sorry to hear that. We don't know what that's like here in MO because everyone can buy a tag over the counter. Don't know how I would handle not getting a tag in a drawing. I'd probably go into a state of mourning or something. Well, I hope a friend of yours draws a tag and good luck to ya!
Old 01-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

so sorry to hear, i hope your friend gets one, if not i'll shoot one of mine for ya, if i get a chance to shoot one
Old 01-28-2004, 06:13 PM

Well tabby, supposedly by 2008 our utah birds will be an over the counter affair. I would like to get into this form of hunting someday.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear this news ,, having to enter draws really suck, hope you spring goes well besides...BT
Old 01-28-2004, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Are you in the turkey hunting challenge? I don't mean to be mean, but that would be less competetion for the rest of us. Just kidding, I am very sorry. It is over the counter here too. Good luck. Can't you apply for another state? BB
Old 01-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Well Tabby welcome to the club. I got an email today and I didn't draw a UT tag either. A buddy in UT was going to guide me, but I guess I'll have to wait until next year. I understand your odds are better after missing the draw one year.
Old 01-28-2004, 09:39 PM

that sux u buy gear and stuff and get ready and all that and they call u to tell u u didnt get a tag thats abunch of BS i have lifetime huntin and fishin license so that means no matter what i get a tag every year for anything for free (depends on how u want to look at that) except duck cause u have to get a stamp but other than that i love my license considering i got it for christmas and my mom and them had orderd it during the summer i could of saved 30 bucks or more on tags and spent that on the chevelle or turkey calls[:-] sorry to hear bout that
Old 01-28-2004, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about the bad luck. I'd hate to think about living somewhere that has hunting by lottery. That may be a cause to move!!!!
Old 01-28-2004, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Used to be a lottery here too, but they switched to over the counter last year. That stinks not getting tags. I'm hopelessly addicted at this point and couldn't imagine not getting to hunt. What's the chances you can get tags for a different state?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.