Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

"Black Magic"

Old 01-26-2004, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

Default "Black Magic"

I just got a Black Magic call today from my local sporting goods tore and I am wondering if anybody else likes them. I think it sounds great and I am looking forward to using it. Any avice about it? Thanks. BB
Old 01-26-2004, 09:11 PM

Default RE: "Black Magic"

The only slate I use.

I prefer and use glass and have close to a dozen but the Black Magic is the only slate I carry.
Old 01-27-2004, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I use this call too and really like the sound. Another call I'd recommend.
Old 01-27-2004, 07:47 AM

my favorite slate out of the 2 others i have!!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:35 AM

I have a black magic and have used it with good success. It's an aluminum call with a black oxzide finish. I really like it with the plastic H.S. striker for clucks. Works great in the rain.
Old 01-27-2004, 10:08 AM

Wow
The only aluminum call I carry.
Thanks for the info TScott
Old 01-27-2004, 04:56 PM

If you are talking about the H.S. Strut Black Magic aluminum call, I have had one for several years now. I've used it so much that the "sweet spot" has been polished with a ScotchBrite pad so many times that it has worn the black anodizing off and is almost silver! Up until a couple years ago, it was my main "go to" call. I've since gotten other calls I like to use also so I don't use it quite as often but there was a period of 5 years or so where I called in every gobbler I killed with that very call. I'll still lean back on it as a confidence call when nothing else is working. I found it sounded best for me when using H.S. Struts Rosewood Striker. For the price of the Black Magic, it can't be beat!
Old 01-27-2004, 05:40 PM
Typical Buck

What call did you get that sounds better than the Black Magic? I think it is one of the best calls I have ever used and I got it for around $20! That is a great price. What so you guys think about the lil Deuce? It sounded pretty good too. I got that after the season last year for $4. I think it was worth it, but I gave it to dad. He needed a friction call worse than I did. Thanks for the input. BB
Old 01-27-2004, 09:00 PM
Typical Buck

Heres a picture. I love this call.

BB
Old 01-28-2004, 04:27 PM

Hi Beard Buster!

Yep, that's the call! I've got several beards hanging on the wall as a result of that little call. I didn't say that I had found anything that "sounded better", I've just accumulated more calls over the last few years and I like to try them all out. But like I said before, when the goin' gets tough, I'll pull out the ole "Black Magic" because of the higher pitch of the aluminum. It's different sound will definitely get their attention! I think you'll really like it in the turkey woods this spring. Good luck to ya!

Quick Reply: "Black Magic"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.