Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Join NWTF?

Old 02-01-2004, 04:09 PM

Default RE: Join NWTF?

ORIGINAL: Ifferd

I did the math and they no longer get my money.

Superfund money does not go to the building. There is a set % of money that each chapter gets, state gets and National gets. The money that national gets then goes back out to the states, game departments, and different programs.

In the fiscal year 2002, the NWTF made $29,123,864 and sent back out to different programs, $24,525,524. They only spent $1,532,761 on salaries, overhead and other associated costs.

If your chapter wasn’t seeing enough money for programs then your chapter should have been going to the state. The NWTF isn’t the perfect answer, it’s just the only answer.

Sorry, but I have seen a lot of posts lately on several boards where people think the NWTF is trying to get rich. They are a NON PROFIT and you can find out where the money goes very easily. Doing a quick search last week I accounted for a large sum of the $24,525,524 which was found in different state’s game department budgets. Lord knows that they need all the help they can get right now.

Here is one place to get information.......

http://www.charitynavigator.org/inde...orgid/4201.htm
Old 02-09-2004, 10:40 AM

Well, i'm going to wade in on this...I feel compelled to. And ill probably make someone mad...I'm sorry if thats so.

We all appreciate Turkeys and Turkey hunting I suppose. I hope we all do.

Im constantly amazed at the logic and statements of fellow hunters. $25 guys...25 bucks...do you realize how easily you will run to wal-Mart and drop $25 on another call, a vest, a new pair of camo pants? Or if new gizmo comes along, 25 dollars is nothing.

Some of you sound like street signs..."ONE WAY"....you love the benefits of habitat improvement, stocking, reseach...but if it were to cost you $25 a year...no way...why who gets that money....or I dont like their politics...what pure and simple garbage...Im sorry, you should be ashamed.

NWTF is a fantastic organization. The price to join is well worth it for the magazine alone. Yet we see these statements about..."Its all about money"...Well...how would you propose they fund publishing a magazine? Or paying for the hundreds of thousands of dollars that go to habitat improvement and research every year ...and it stays in your state if you go to a banquet.

Its all about your willingness to give back. We have become a nation of "takers" in many ways...no one wants to give and to help...after all we have plenty of birds ...right? Who cares if the kids, boys, girls in the future have access to our sport.

I dont know, I just become very dissapointed in my fellow hunters when I see these kinds of statements. Thank goodness some people are willing to give back so that everyone benefits.

If Ive ruffled feathers I appologize.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:29 PM

No feathers ruffled here, no need to apologize....but, however, I'm not ashamed and I'm actually quite proud that I don't belong to them, I don't belong to the NRA either, however, I about to rethink my position on that though. And it doesn't make me no less of a hunter than anybody else that's in the NWTF or NRA, and I love turkey hunting just as much as ANYONE. I've said it before, they do alot of good for turkeys and hunting in general, however, if they would do the good in proportion with the money they recieve, they could do alot better.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:34 PM

Me and a buddy just joinedd saturday night when we went to our nwtf banquet her in our town,
Old 02-09-2004, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Fullback24

No feathers ruffled here, no need to apologize....but, however, I'm not ashamed and I'm actually quite proud that I don't belong to them, I don't belong to the NRA either, however, I about to rethink my position on that though. And it doesn't make me no less of a hunter than anybody else that's in the NWTF or NRA, and I love turkey hunting just as much as ANYONE. I've said it before, they do alot of good for turkeys and hunting in general, however, if they would do the good in proportion with the money they recieve, they could do alot better.
Did you read my post? Did you go to the link I provided and check the numbers? Did you compare the NWTF money spent to say, RMEF, DU, QU, TU, etc.. etc.. They have the best record going. I'm not saying you have to join, that's your choice. But how GOOD do you want? In the fiscal year 2002 they sent out $24,525,524 of $29,000,000.

Each chapter gets a little, then each state. Then the National. Then the chapter spends theirs, the State spends theirs, and the National spends their. The National in the fiscal year 2003 gave Florida over $2,000,000 for differnt projects. Studies, Grants, Equipment, etc... This isn't counting the other 48 states.

The NRA is in the hole right now, if I remember correctly a $1,000,000+. I'd say the NWTF is doing a FINE job.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:35 AM

I don't really care about RMEF, DU, QU, TU, FSU, BYU or whoever......I may or may not change my stand point on this, but right now, I'm just not buying into the hype. I ain't said anything against the NWTF or anyone in it, in fact, I've said that the NWTF does alot of good, and I say we should drop this subject and just get ready to get after spring gobblers. How about it friend?
Old 02-10-2004, 06:41 AM

No problem we can drop it