Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Anyone here have....

Old 01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Anyone here have....

a pistol grip on there shotgun stock.I believe its Benelli thats coming out with these on there shotguns and to me they look extremely handy in making it very easy to move your gun with one hand and help with recoil giving you a more solid anchor in absorbing recoil....Bob...
Old 01-07-2004, 08:35 AM

Default RE: Anyone here have....

I havn't shot the Benelli but have shot some "tactical" 870's with this setup. I wouldn't mind having it on my turkey gun. You can get the stocks for Mossberg 500's and Remington 870's maybe also 1187's. I know that Cabelas sales them for about $89.00 in black.
Old 01-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bob,I've actually gone the othere way.My gun has no drop at all.Years ago I put a straight( English style)stock on mine.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a friend that has a model 12 trapgun with a custom thumbhole stock which gives you a pistol grip . It was surprising how comfortable it was to shoot . I used to have a tactical shotgun with a pistol grip and it does make give them a solid feel .
Old 01-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Typical Buck

I don't have one, but I would like to. I have an 835 and want to get one for it. I used to shoot competitive in the Marine Corps and found there are a lot of advantages to a pistol grip on a gun. If anyone knows where I can get one, how about letting me know. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:53 PM

No, but I can see how one would be real handy while trying to keep your gun under control while messing around with calls and such.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:27 AM

Ihave an 870 pump gun with the Choate Pistol Grip stock & love it!!!!! Brampton Mike [8D]
Old 01-10-2004, 10:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info Scott!Mike is that 870 your turkey huntin gun?Did you have the stock put on it??MTT thats exactly why I'm looking into it!!
Old 01-11-2004, 04:51 AM

My 870 is my turkey & deer gun....have a rifled slug barrell for it for deer hunting...I installed it myself...nothing too it...ask Bosstom how it looks....if you want I can take a pic or two of it & email them too you...[:-]...Brampton Mike
Old 01-13-2004, 04:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Bobgobble2

Thanks for the info Scott!Mike is that 870 your turkey huntin gun?Did you have the stock put on it??MTT thats exactly why I'm looking into it!!

Pics sent.....I use it for both turkey & deer hunting....intercahnable barrels & I installed the stock & forestock myseld...nothing to it!!!!!! Brampton Mike[8D]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.