Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
 Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg >

Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

Old 12-05-2003, 06:57 PM

Default Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

which would be best for a begginer....Remington 870...Mossberg 500...Benelli Nova
Old 12-05-2003, 07:05 PM

Default RE: Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

Or Mossberg 835...or anygun or a begginer
Old 12-05-2003, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Any of those would be a good choice, but I'm an 870 man and think for the money they are hard to beat, It depends on what you like and the one that fits you the best.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like my 870 , never owned a mossberg , and didn't care for the Benneli Nova .I have used all three and its really kind of a tossup in my opinion . Just a matter of personal preference .
Old 12-06-2003, 08:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an 870 and like the Benelli but my favorite turkey gun is my 3.5 inch 12 gauge Browning BPS.
Old 12-06-2003, 08:51 AM

I also have the Browning BPS,3" and love it.
As for the Mossberg,[:'(]you could not give me one,unless I had a sale already set.[:'(]peace of junk in my opinion.[:@][:@] ; JMHO [8D]
Old 12-06-2003, 08:55 AM

i have the mossberg 835 turkey combo, has a turkey barrel and a rifled slug barrel, its fully camoed with fiberoptic sights i love it in teh two seasons of deer adn two seasons of turkey that i've used it, it has claimed 2 nice bucks and i nice turkey just my input(it goes for around $500)
Old 12-06-2003, 08:07 PM

Well I already replied to your other post but I'll still give my vote.............

BENELLI NOVA
Old 12-07-2003, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Remington 870. Cant beat it
Old 12-07-2003, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

When it comes to guns , picking the right gun is important to a person. As everyone owns something different and they are the best in the owners opinion, one should keep in mind the pro's and con's of the different makes and modles. Comferd is a point to one , and aswell as weight, something else one should think about is the action and how smooth it works. Noise is also in the same catagory, for the turkey hunter a fore arm that rattles can make for a short/unsuccessfull turkey hunt. Going to a dealer and going over the different guns out there maybe be a good idea. I have a 870 with a scope and it works great for me, but I would not say its the best for everyone. Pick out a gun that just suites you, keeping some important tips in mind...BT

Quick Reply: Benelli or Remmington or Mossberg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.