Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Osceola in 2023

Old 01-26-2023, 11:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by car
I've dreamed about hunting Osceola for years, finally it's going to happen in 2023. My biggest hurdle is finding a place affordable! After looking at a few outfitters and how much their charging, I really don't want to spend 2-3 thousand dollars to hunt a turkey. I'm not sure if looking into paying a fee to hunt private land is an option, but I would like to go that route. Next option would be if I could get someone willing to help me out with where to hunt and the general information that would make this hunt a safe and enjoyable one. I'm sure a lot of you are reading this and thinking another guy not wanting to do the leg work on his own and wants someone else to do it for him. That's not entirely true, I'm an avid turkey hunter and when this web site held the turkey hunting contest each year, I was always involved with it and I usually did pretty good. Anyways, I'm just a retired guy that loves to hunt looking for some advice on where to hunt in a state that I've never hunted before.

car
Contact Florida's game agency and asked which parcels of public land has Osceolas and where the land is located and giver it a shot on public land. I would not pay even aa thousand dollars to kill a turkey.
Old 01-26-2023, 04:26 PM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
IF you are successful -doing it that way will have more value to you than having paid big bucks to an outfitter anyway!

Good luck.
You are 100% correct!
Old 01-26-2023, 05:10 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I wish you much success car!

JW
Old 01-27-2023, 04:22 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
I wish you much success car!

JW
Thank you!
Old 02-20-2023, 02:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be sure that area has Osceola before hunting. The Osceola numbers drop pretty quick when you start heading north and the only thing there are Easterns.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:16 PM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut
Be sure that area has Osceola before hunting. The Osceola numbers drop pretty quick when you start heading north and the only thing there are Easterns.
I hear ya, I'll be south of Orlando so I think I'll be good.
Old 02-20-2023, 04:37 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Dark to black with no white wings bars.
Pleas post alot car and take us with you. At my age now an Osceola is out of the question.

Here in NE Wisconsin the big flocks are breaking up. And I saw 3 dandy toms cruising.

Jw
Old 02-21-2023, 04:11 AM
car
Typical Buck

Will do, I'm only going to hunt 3 days, I'll be on my way back home from vacationing in Naples. I know that's not much time to turkey hunt, but this trip to Florida wasn't a planned hunting trip. I feel lucky to be able to just give it a try!
Old 02-21-2023, 05:08 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by car
Will do, I'm only going to hunt 3 days, I'll be on my way back home from vacationing in Naples. I know that's not much time to turkey hunt, but this trip to Florida wasn't a planned hunting trip. I feel lucky to be able to just give it a try!
Good luck ! I was fortunate two take two Florida Turkeys in separate public land hunts several years ago. Lots of fun wading through them snake and gator infested swamps
Old 02-22-2023, 07:45 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
Good luck ! I was fortunate two take two Florida Turkeys in separate public land hunts several years ago. Lots of fun wading through them snake and gator infested swamps
Yeah I've thought about that, especially going in before daylight! Not as concerned about it after the sun is up lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.