Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

TSS on Sale

Old 04-16-2020, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
My 20g should be here today and I will get to playing when the 7s come in. I already have 9s here at the house to play with as well. I went with the 7s because I plan to hunt Nebraska soon and 9s are not allowed.
I guess 7 shot would make sense then.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for this tip Kelly! Bass Pro went out of stock shortly after you posted this, but I was able to get my local Cabelas to match the price for in-stock supplies. Don't forget to grab the 10% rebate from Federal, save you some extra cash...I attached it as a JPG.

I grabbed 6 boxes of 9 shot and it's devastating - my son's 20 gauge Weatherby blew holes through 5/4 PT decking from 25 yards. Pattern at 40 yards in the pic. I have an Indian creek choke with a tighter constriction on it's way from Midway (scheduled to arrive today), I'm actually afraid it may be too tight for the #9.
Attached Thumbnails TSS on Sale-tss9_40yd_lbchoke.jpg   TSS on Sale-federal-2020-rebate_page_1.jpg  
Old 04-27-2020, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

I went to Academy Sports last weekend and there was literally no turkey ammo! Nothing! I couldn't believe it. I think people were just buying whatever they could.
Old 04-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

The white pic was the #9 at 40 and the shoot and see pic was the #7 at 40
Attached Thumbnails TSS on Sale-20g9.jpg   TSS on Sale-20g7.jpg  
Old 04-29-2020, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I received the Indian Creek choke this afternoon and immediately tested it, and my suspicions were correct - the Indian Creek with .555 constriction is too tight for the TSS #9 (at least for my son's Weatherby SA-08). The Longbeard XR choke remained the top choice and gave the densest and most consistent pattern.

The Indian Creek had the best pattern (by far) for #5 shot, for both Winchester Double X and Longbeard XR, and it increased shot load almost 50% on an 8x11 target. I also tried the TSS out of the Hevi-shot choke (.560), but the pattern out of the XR choke (.558) was by far the best for the TSS #9.

Shoot ole Tommy Three Toes in the face ya'll!