Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Franchi 3-20

Old 04-08-2020, 06:47 AM
Spike

Default Franchi 3-20

What’s your thoughts on this gun for turkey hunting ... I like the thought of a lighter gun, anyone with this gun? how you like it and what’s your setup? Very good looking gun in that bottomland camo...
Old 04-08-2020, 11:58 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Last edited by JW; 04-08-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:07 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Ok I posted a picture of the camo coloring of this firearm for you.

12 or 20 ga.

My thoughts
Either will work fine. Do take the time to pattern to develop your maximum range.

But I like a firearm with a shorter barrel
. 21 -22 inches if I can get it.
Main reason for me is a shorter barrel is easier to transport, less chance of getting hung up on branches if I need to swing.
But that is me.

But a 26" would be an all around shotgun that could be used for everything with the appropriate choke tube. I wouldn't need any longer.

Thought?

Ps
Mine are not camo. I lay the dang thing down at my age I want to find it.

Any flat black shotgun with no gloss ginish is what I use

JW

Last edited by JW; 04-08-2020 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 01:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

there not a bad gun, a another gun to maybe look at in 20 ga, as I am guessing this is what your after
is a Mossberg SA-20, about same price range and from a long time gun maker, if your worried about the name brand on the Franchi

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...+pt+fo+tky+moo

but as always, FIT is a big part to all guns, and only YOU can tell what fits you best , and that is by holding them in your hands!

don't get super caught up on spec's on paper or even online reviews
ain;t no gun made today that doesn;t work well, when you use good ammo in them!, or ammo they like best!
they wouldn't last long in business if they sold things that didn;t work

haters will always hate something and make it seem like its the worst "X" out there, or if someone gets a BAD item, they will BLAME them all , over just having been unlucky and got a flawed item!
ALL company make flawed items that get into customers hands!
Old 04-13-2020, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

FYI, they make an Affinity 20ga compact with a shorter stock and 24" barrel - you can then upgrade to a larger/adult sized stock. They make the compact in black and real-tree, so you may also be able to simply order a full-size 20ga Affinity with a 24" barrel.

I personally prefer a 24" barrel, which is noticeably shorter and lighter than a 28" barrel without any loss in down-range accuracy.

Last edited by Strut&Rut; 04-13-2020 at 09:20 AM.