Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

2020 State Forecast

Old 02-06-2020, 06:49 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Default 2020 State Forecast

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hu...tate-forecast/

Copied from Outdoorlife.com

JW
Old 02-07-2020, 03:32 AM
Super Moderator

Hoping Ohio and PA are good to me

-Jake
Old 02-09-2020, 12:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will probably be hunting spring birds in CO. I hunt an area with limited tags but an old family friend has 10,000 acres there and lots of birds and he only lets my family hunt it. My brother wants me to come up and I put in for the tag in the drawing. Very few non-residents put in for it since most land is private and I'm reasonable assured of getting the tag. The birds there are Rios and the last one I took there weighed 22 lbs with a 10 inch beard.

Old 02-10-2020, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The birds on Hawai'i Island (Big Island) are gobbling & strutting now. The article left out some information. The main public hunting area in the state for turkeys is on Mauna Kea. (3 game mgt areas- Kaohe Lease, area "G" and Mauna Kea, area "A", and Kipuka Ainahou,- archery only).The other is Puu WaaWaa , area "F".

The island of Lana'i is FULL of turkeys, but there's no season for them there. The whole island is private property and there is little interest among the appx. 3,000 residents. Moloka'i has turkeys too, but little interest.

Hopefully, there'll still be a few toms looking for love when I fly over later in the season.

Last edited by JoeA; 02-10-2020 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-10-2020, 01:45 PM
JW
Super Moderator

I used to travel out state alot. But with the availability of leftovers in my home state, I can hunt as much as I want to.
last yr the 42 day season I was out 38 days.
I do go out of state to Michigan but that is because I started in that state some 35 yrs ago.

JW
Old 02-11-2020, 08:34 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by JW
I used to travel out state alot. But with the availability of leftovers in my home state, I can hunt as much as I want to.
last yr the 42 day season I was out 38 days.
I do go out of state to Michigan but that is because I started in that state some 35 yrs ago.

JW
I always see birds when travelling through Wisconsin and think I should put in for a tag there some year but it never seems to work out lol