Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Old turkey hunter here.

Old 04-20-2019, 03:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Old turkey hunter here.

Hello,
I have not been on in several years. I don't remember when I first came to this site. I wanted to tell you all something.My first post involved me shooting four turkey in Two Shots. This was my first hunting kill. Back then, I had a hunting passport. I didn't know a lot about hunting back then. When I posted pictures and what I did, I got a lot of feedback, and to be honest, I felt like I was cyberbullied. Because I felt this way, I left this forum. However, I came back today because I realized something.Regardless of what I felt when I got your guys's replies, I realize now, many years later, that you guys were right. A lot of the stuff I was doing was unsafe. Some of it was even against regulations, which I did not know well at the time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, thanks for helping me realize some of the mistakes I was making, and I apologize for leaving because I was angry.

After moving to South Idaho, I had to give up turkey hunting. There's just not that many down here. I've switched to duck and goose, which I am successful at so far. I took eight Canada goose and one mallard duck last season.Again, thank you all for helping me realize some of the stuff I was doing back then was unsafe.

Jared
Old 04-25-2019, 05:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hey Jared don’t worry about it man.. This is the internet and some say whatever they want. The bashing though has been going to the wayside now. Folks here get tired of it. Glad you’re back and most only try to offer advice from time to time. Whatever you do with it is up to you..
Old 04-28-2019, 10:14 AM
Fork Horn

Default Reply

Thanks so much. You are so right. People can give me all the advice they want, but in the end, it's my choice whether I accept it or not.
To be honest, it feels really good to get this off my chest after several years.

thanks again,Jared