Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Spring turkey, right around the corner >

Spring turkey, right around the corner

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Spring turkey, right around the corner

Old 01-07-2019, 01:05 AM
Super Moderator

Default Spring turkey, right around the corner

Spring turkey is right around the corner.

I have two more days of muzzleloader here in Ohio, then next up will be turkey season. Couple months will go by quickly.

I'll be hunting Ohio and a few days in PA as well.

I'm going to try to use an old jc Higgins bolt action 16 gauge

-Jake
Old 01-07-2019, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I read you loud and clear brother! My season starts in < 60 days. I gotta get my new choke & shell combo patterned. This year I’ll be shooting Win XR #4 through a Carlson’s XR choke.

That shell & choke combo in my SBE II (a back-up/loaner) is fantastic.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Bocajnala, I have one of the old JC Higgins in 12 ga. It sets in the basement near my closets of hunting clothes.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by JoeA
I read you loud and clear brother! My season starts in < 60 days. I gotta get my new choke & shell combo patterned. This year I’ll be shooting Win XR #4 through a Carlson’s XR choke.

That shell & choke combo in my SBE II (a back-up/loaner) is fantastic.
Winchester XR's with the XR choke are an awesome combination. I took two turkeys the past two years at over 50 yards and put them down quick. XR's are the best ammo out there for turkey in my opinion. They do present a challenge with close shots though because the pattern is so tight up close.
Old 01-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Typical Buck

I am really looking forward spring turkey hunting I'll be using my faithful Remington 12 gauge Express Magnum with the ventilated choke and Winchester X R's, season starts April 13th. Going to apply for a limited area on the Colorado plains this spring not sure quite where to go yet.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

We're seeing large flocks of turkeys, including toms on our land in Southeast NC. Looks like a good turkey season this year.

I'll be carrying my 20 year old Benelli Legacy 12 ga. with Hevi-shot choke shooting Hevi-shot magnum blend.

Can't wait.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:03 AM
Super Moderator

Can't wait! Been thinking about them since last May when the season ended lol
Old 01-10-2019, 08:20 AM
Super Moderator

Spring Turkey is 3 months away. Right now, i'm busy with fox, bobcat and coyotes. I gotta admit though, turkey is still one of my faves to hunt.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm focused on yotes myself but that should make Spring Turkey season even better.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I am shifting into ice fishing mode right now.. The only time I can think about turkey hunting is when ever I see a turkey. Which currently everyday. They wander by the house with anywhere from 17 to 32 turkeys in a flock. They appear to love going by and our dogs will bark at them from the kennel. That doesn’t bother them any at all.
Attached Thumbnails Spring turkey, right around the corner-6e33598c-788a-4972-b79c-5aa3ed22c166.jpeg  

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 01-10-2019 at 11:46 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.