Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

A5 Turkey Choke

Old 08-04-2018, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default A5 Turkey Choke

Bought new A5. Any advice on a “turkey choke” will be appreciated. My shots will be 40 yards more or less max. Thanks.
Old 08-20-2018, 03:28 AM
Spike

Just test the choke before you go hunting. This way you will discover, how much choking you need for that distance, and what the pattern will be (so that you are guaranteed to aim turkey's head and neck).
Old 08-21-2018, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, buy one and go for it. All of them should tighten the pattern versus a full choke. Pattern the gun with several loads and go hunt. Worst thing about tight chokes is close shots. I've missed one and blew the head off another. Ten yards and under takes concentration.
Old 09-02-2018, 05:55 AM
Spike

I bought the Hevishot HEVI 13 choke for my A5. I am getting amazing patterns with it
Old 09-02-2018, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've taken several turkeys with a Belgian made A-5 I inherited from my father. It has 2 barrels, one in modified and one in full. When I'm chasing gobblers I just put on the full choked barrel and have at it. So far it has sent every gobbler I have shot at with it to flopping.