Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Turkey Results for this Spring?? >

Turkey Results for this Spring??

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkey Results for this Spring??

Old 04-21-2018, 08:36 PM
Super Moderator

Default Turkey Results for this Spring??

How is everybody doing? I just got my 3rd tom today. That finishes the spring season for me but what a rush!!
Old 04-22-2018, 03:28 AM
car
Typical Buck

Wow, 3 toms for the season! I would say you had a real nice turkey season!
Old 04-22-2018, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

I did indeed and thanks. I'm learning a lot more about the area that I hunt and changing up my tactics. That black bear in your photo is huge. How big did he go and how much weight? Also, are you turkey hunting this spring?
Old 04-22-2018, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Weidmannsheil to the both of you! A triplet of toms is a great season, and that bear is huge.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've only been out 2 days so far. I got a nice big gobbler the first morning - after a 29 degree start and zero gobbling from the roost. When a large flock of crows started cackling, I heard 3 gobbles a long way off and moved towards it and was eventually able to call in 2 big ones which walked right into the hole I cut through the underbrush while they were a ways off! The one I shot had a 10 1/2 beard, 1" spurs and weighed 21.5 lbs.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:59 AM
Fork Horn

Hunted hard for 5 days since opening with nothing. Toms are gobbling very little and won't respond to calls. Decoys seem to scare our birds. Hunting in Eastern NC on leased paper company land.

Had a heavy rain the night before and through the morning yesterday. About 30 minutes after rain stopped, he came out 40 yards away on the little clover plot I planted.

Beard was 9+ inches and spurs about an inch. Not the prettiest or biggest tom in the woods, but after a lot of empty days he's a welcome addition to the freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Turkey Results for this Spring??-img_0408-002-.jpg  
Old 04-25-2018, 05:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have only been hunting turkeys for 3 years, and this year was the worst yet. I hunted 3 mornings, and 4 afternoons, and I finally saw my first bird last night. It was a bearded hen, and she got a pass, since I got a bearded hen last year. I did bump a group of about 8 birds the night before, right after I left my truck. 2 were toms. Birds were not talking much this year, and the ones that I did hear, were atlas 300 yards away, on land I don't have permission to hunt. I think the foot of snow we got the first couple of days didn't help.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:01 PM
Spike

Hey @Car, that Bear on your profile is a good kill. How many tons
Old 04-26-2018, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Season just started here yesterday and I have been at work. But last weekend was youth season and my 11 year old got his fourth turkey of his life. 21 pounds 10.25" beard. I would guess probable the last one with his youth model 870 20 ga.( he is about out grown it). called the bird in to 20 yards but way to much brush, the bird seen us and ran. Before I could get dont shoot out of my mouth he pulled the trigger and dumped the bird at 65 yards. Everything was safe about the shot but the range was way more than i would have thought that gun would handle. We have an old box Remington hevi-shot that we have been using but are down to our last shell. Really do like them, to bad they arent made anymore.
Old 04-27-2018, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations on the birds guys.. My season will be opening up on Monday morning. We are only allowed 2 bearded birds and I am hopeful that they will be showing up for me. We are getting a lot of rain right now and the green grass is just starting to show up in some of our fields. So if all goes well it should be some great hunting..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.