Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Longbeard XR performance >

Longbeard XR performance

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Longbeard XR performance

Old 05-01-2018, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator

As most have probably already read I had my first problem with them this past weekend. The primers were inserted a little to deep from what I can tell which seems like a quality control issue. I do however plan on still using these as the patters they seem to throw blow everything out of the water. If the problem happens again though I will probably be rethinking that lol
Old 05-01-2018, 04:47 AM
Spike

The first several boxes of Hevi-13 had issues as well. The buffering would leak out of the bottom which was never sealed properly or at all. I sent them all back and they sent me replacements but one would think that for the price of them you shouldn't have those kind of issues. I can't see any advantage of the LB over the Hevi's in my guns. Nothing against the LB but I'll probably never switch to them due to my stock of Hevi. I found a gun shop that had gone under and the guy who got all the inventory sold me about 30 boxes for $14 each. Should do me a couple years ) Of course, retirement is only 6 years away lol...
Old 05-02-2018, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just stuffed a Carlson's XR choke tube in the muzzle of my boom-stick and picked up 4 boxes of XR #4 on an in-store "managers special". They were out of 3" #5 & #6, and all the 3 1/2" stuff.
I'm set for a while...and I even have a 1 box left of Win Supreme.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:49 AM
Spike