Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Turkeys are fired up

Old 04-07-2017, 05:55 PM
neb
Typical Buck

Default Turkeys are fired up

I went fishing today on the river the turkeys were gobbling at every sound that was made. It was all morning and most of the afternoon. Lol I didn't help with some calling either but they are hot right now. Lol

This evening I went where I have my blind set up to do a little looking around before the opener tomorrow. Again every sound they would fire back. Geese would make them gobble a pheasant cackling they would fire right back. I will go try tomorrow not sure how well they will come in but it is early and will get better with time.
Old 04-07-2017, 07:18 PM
Fork Horn

Sounds like a blessing , good luck to you ,enjoy the life
Old 04-08-2017, 05:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Glad your boys are fired up. I am afraid ours may be on the downswing. Past 2-3 weeks we have been watching them strut and tear stuff up and today on opener I have not heard a peep. Did just hear a gun go off from the field over one but no sounds from the boys. I got six hens in the field right now and not a peep from them either. Usually they are pretty chatty.
Old 04-08-2017, 08:22 AM
neb
Typical Buck

Well went out tis morning and the turkeys were being turkeys. Lol Not a sound from them today but did see a tom with 4 hens and he was all puffed up and strutting. I will go out about 430 late afternoon was see what happens.

This spring I can't believe how vocal they have been usually they are so tight lipped I barely hear a gobble. Yesterday I heard more chatter then I have for many many years.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Saturday opener was a bust for me, the hens I had in the field all fled when a truck came driving up to the food plot. Sunday got out early, toms started responding to any owl call and from 3 different directions. So they where making noise but will explain in another thread why I had no success. Hope it keeps the momentum.
Old 04-10-2017, 05:35 PM
neb
Typical Buck

olsaltydog >>> ya it can so frustrating but that is turkey hunting
Old 04-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Spike

That's what I want to be hearing :-)
Old 04-11-2017, 02:04 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by SteveHunts
That's what I want to be hearing :-)
They r fired up here in WVA can't wait to take my daughter youth day