Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Mentor Merriam Turkey Hunt Offer >

Mentor Merriam Turkey Hunt Offer

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mentor Merriam Turkey Hunt Offer

Old 04-03-2017, 05:11 PM
Typical Buck

Default Mentor Merriam Turkey Hunt Offer

I'd like to help a new turkey hunter by taking them on a Merriam's turkey hunt in S.W. Colorado you will learn all aspects of hunting the mountain Merriams from where you should be looking for roosts to locating gobblers on the roost what and when to use different calls and reacting to the gobblers actions. You will be hunting N.F and a Wildlife Area I can guarantee you will roost birds and get a shot at a bird. I'm not a guide just a long time Turkey hunter looking to help new hunters. I will require a small fee to pay for my gas and food for the trip.

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 04-05-2017 at 09:14 AM.
Old 04-04-2017, 02:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's an awesome thing for you to be willing to do. Having someone show you the ropes is a huge advantage for a new hunter. Especially turkey hunting.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:11 AM
Typical Buck

Thank you, Im taking a father and son who have hunted big game successfully but never hunted turkey, they are excited, it will be a great weekend. Poss.one more father and son another weekend but that will be it
Old 04-05-2017, 09:39 AM
JW
Super Moderator

RM - Mentoring is a very rewarding experience. I have been teaching a Learn to Hunt for 4 yrs now where after a one day class on Firearm Safety, Wild Turkey Biology, Current Hunting Regualtions & How to Hunt - the calls, the methods, the strategies.

I am honored to teach 2 of the 4 segments above. Allows me to take my Firearm Safety Instructor on step farther.

The WI LTH programs are open to any first time hunter who never possessed a valid WI state turkey license from ages 10 to 110! And it is all free!

You get paired with a mentor who takes you out turkey hunting.

Beyond that I have been asked to start helping Make A Wish Hunts. I'm planning on that for later this yr or next yr for sure.

By Mentoring you have stepped into the 5th and last phase of being a hunter. You are a teacher, a guide, a person who shares the beauty of nature with others hoping they will share in your passion!

Thank you! We need more people like you!

Dave.........JW
Old 04-05-2017, 05:51 PM
Fork Horn

Yes , any time you make time to teach and share our passion with those who want to learn it's a truly great thing for both of you , knowing somethings worth more when it's shared , and it'll come back to you, I promise . Shoot i wish someone had took me under their wing with an offer like that when I was young , I'm almost 50 and still learning , be safe and happy hunting
Old 04-05-2017, 05:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by RPD63
That's an awesome thing for you to be willing to do. Having someone show you the ropes is a huge advantage for a new hunter. Especially turkey hunting.

+1

I understand the concept; "Pay it forward" !

Good for the "both" of you !!!