Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
? for those who run'n'gun >

? for those who run'n'gun

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

? for those who run'n'gun

Old 05-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well ! Didn't I save you all a lot of one finger typing right there !
Old 05-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Set up in front of a tree. Have some cover in front of you too. If you can't get any cover in front of you, you must remain completely still and ready to shoot. Also, even though you are dressed out in complete camo, make sure there isn't anything on you that stands out. Glasses, belt buckles, watches. Are there colors on the bottom of your boots? Is there anything that stands out on your gun? Either you are moving or something is giving you away. Or, try calling less when the turkey is within that range.
Old 05-07-2016, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jmedenf
Set up in front of a tree. Have some cover in front of you too. If you can't get any cover in front of you, you must remain completely still and ready to shoot. Also, even though you are dressed out in complete camo, make sure there isn't anything on you that stands out. Glasses, belt buckles, watches. Are there colors on the bottom of your boots? Is there anything that stands out on your gun? Either you are moving or something is giving you away. Or, try calling less when the turkey is within that range.
It ain't my first rodeo, have killed way more than a few in the last 40 years, the thought just came to me the other day when I was guiding a friend and to avoid a fence the gobbler made a big loop, he spotted me setting there in front of a large tree at 47 yards, I dusted him (my 177th turkey) but I know he saw something he didn't like, hadn't called for 20 min. had the gun up longer than that. just wondered if turkeys are like that anywhere else, I have also hunted turkeys in va, ky, and tn, they are not near as spooky in the areas I hunted in those states as they are here in eastern wv.
RR