Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Mossberg 930

Old 04-20-2016, 10:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Mossberg 930

This is their newest model for 2016. Although I currently am still happy with my Win. 1300 which I had for over 25 years now, this is the gun I would probably buy if I were go to a semi-auto. Love the camo pattern, Mossy Oak Obsession, and from what I have read on various forums about this gun, it is a very dependable shooter. As you can see it from the picture, it comes ported right from the factory, and I believe the barrel is also "back-bored" too. Might be my new addition?

Old 04-21-2016, 05:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checked their site, MSRP is $797.00.....so guessing you can get it for around $550-$650?
Old 04-26-2016, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the 2006 version of that gun and it was sub $500. It's not a bad gun, but when I buy again it won't be from Mossberg. The gun feels chintzy. My brother owns the same gun and has had issues with the chambering mechanism freezing up and the safety not moving from safe to fire and vice versa.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the mod 935 turkey gun, about the only difference I can see is the extended choke is ported instead of the barrel. I bought is about 5 years ago, I see they are listed at $900.00 now, I didn't pay near that much. I have never had a problem with it and it throws a heck of a tight pattern. I never shot 31/2 inch shells through, I use 3 inch.