Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Missouri nonresident tags >

Missouri nonresident tags

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Missouri nonresident tags

Old 03-29-2016, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default Missouri nonresident tags

In Missouri is a turkey tag all that is needed for a non resident? Or is there a license also?

Also is it 1 tag per bird or does it cover l your season limit?

Thanks for the help
Old 03-29-2016, 11:22 AM
Typical Buck

Limits:

Two male turkeys or turkeys with a visible beard.

Notes:

Only one turkey may be taken during the first week of the season. If you do not take one during the first week, then you may take two during the second or third weeks of the season, but you may not take them both on the same day.

Anyone using a turkey call to assist another hunter must be properly licensed with either a filled or unfilled spring turkey hunting permit.

Youth permit is available for resident and nonresident youth hunters.

See if you qualify for a resident landowner permit.

Resident:

$17.00

Resident Landowner:

$0.00

Nonresident:

$190.00

Youth (6-15):

$8.50

No license is needed for turkey. You will get 2 tags for the 2 birds.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:13 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
In Missouri is a turkey tag all that is needed for a non resident? Or is there a license also?

Also is it 1 tag per bird or does it cover l your season limit?

Thanks for the help

Its 190.00 for non resident as turkey harvester has posted. That's the only tag you will need for 2 birds. I buy one every year. Also one thing you will need to know. You can only harvest one bird for the first week of the season. Unless they have changed this.
Old 03-30-2016, 03:53 AM
Spike

Kinda discouraging for the nonresident hunter. If I'm taking vacation time, spending that much money and all that traveling, it stinks to only be able to hunt half a day. AND the thing about killing only one bird the entire first week???? I don't get it. Huge deterrent for a nonres in my opinion. I have always wanted to hunt Missouri though. I always see tons of birds traveling through there on my way to other states that permit all day hunting. Kelly- you just as well keep driving east to WV where I can put you on prime private ground but can still only hunt half the day
Old 03-30-2016, 04:20 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by WVDanimal
Kinda discouraging for the nonresident hunter. If I'm taking vacation time, spending that much money and all that traveling, it stinks to only be able to hunt half a day. AND the thing about killing only one bird the entire first week???? I don't get it. Huge deterrent for a nonres in my opinion. I have always wanted to hunt Missouri though. I always see tons of birds traveling through there on my way to other states that permit all day hunting. Kelly- you just as well keep driving east to WV where I can put you on prime private ground but can still only hunt half the day

I'm trying to keep the turkey hunting as close to home as possible at least till the custody crap is out of the way. I do need to make it your way for some bear hunting though There is actually a place about and hour away from me that has eastern and rios at 200 or 250$ a day. That would probable be cheaper than headed to Missouri for me. I've never hunted out of state though and been getting the itch to try a few new places out
Old 03-30-2016, 06:58 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I'm trying to keep the turkey hunting as close to home as possible at least till the custody crap is out of the way. I do need to make it your way for some bear hunting though There is actually a place about and hour away from me that has eastern and rios at 200 or 250$ a day. That would probable be cheaper than headed to Missouri for me. I've never hunted out of state though and been getting the itch to try a few new places out

Kellyguinn, when you are ready I might swap you an eastern MO hunt for an OK rio hunt. My numbers are a little low this year but we are working on getting them back up through predator management.
Old 03-30-2016, 08:22 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DTC
Kellyguinn, when you are ready I might swap you an eastern MO hunt for an OK rio hunt. My numbers are a little low this year but we are working on getting them back up through predator management.
I'll PM ya