Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
5 Bearded Turkey Shot in Texas >

5 Bearded Turkey Shot in Texas

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

5 Bearded Turkey Shot in Texas

Old 03-05-2016, 07:47 AM
Spike

Default 5 Bearded Turkey Shot in Texas

A couple years ago my dad shot a 5 bearded turkey. I have never seen one before or since. Anyone else shot one with multiple beards?
" />
You can read the full story below
http://r-rboneboilers.com/blog/2016/...bearded-turkey
Old 03-05-2016, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Long time ago, I lucked out and shot a nice bird with 6 beards. It looked very similar to the pic you posted, a main 10 3/4" beard with 5 small ones like in your picture, then a little 1" one. Should of gotten that one mounted!!!

Old 03-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've shot several Jakes for meat over the years that had triple beards about 3" long.
Old 03-07-2016, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

2 contests ago a team member shot one that surely helped boost our team into the winner's circle then. I know it is hard to believe some will shoot a turkey with this many beards but it does happen every once in a while. One never really knows some times until they walk up to it and see it after it has been shot..
Old 03-07-2016, 07:08 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I have killed several double and triple beards. Years ago I killed one with 7 beards. I have a group of 9 gobblers on trail cam this year that has 2 triple bearded and 2 double beard birds.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Phil from Maine
2 contests ago a team member shot one that surely helped boost our team into the winner's circle then. I know it is hard to believe some will shoot a turkey with this many beards but it does happen every once in a while. One never really knows some times until they walk up to it and see it after it has been shot..
Are you entered in the contest this year? This will be my first year to participate.
Old 03-07-2016, 07:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Mrs. Mahan
Are you entered in the contest this year? This will be my first year to participate.
Yes I sure am!! I enjoy these little contest every year after I tried one out.. I am a stirrer that enjoys getting the team going.. But like to keep it all in fun and to help get others involved in the team.. That part is important for the team and we all can offer suggestions if needed..