Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one >

new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

new choke out anyone heard of it where do i get one

Old 01-15-2016, 01:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

RR, I would suspect many others here beside you feel the same way TG does. In my state spring turkey is hunting by calling only, is it hunting by calling only to shoot at a turkey 60 or 70 yards Just because they made a few clucks after they saw turkeys? I think not and I am sure if this choke is as advertised I am sure people will not even be calling, they may as well be using a rifle. Quite frankly I do not care what you think of me, since I know your post also referenced me without using the screen name, if I thinks something is wrong, I will say so and all your BS whining about chasing people away to shut people up you don't agree with matters not to me or anyone else with a backbone. I really don;t care if people have to take vacation to hunt, I had to before I retired and my opinion was the same then as it is now on devices and implements that help hunters skirt the law and eliminates skill. So rant on and impress yourself! If you don't like my posts, don't read them or use the ignore feature.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 01-15-2016 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 03:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
RR, I would suspect many others here beside you feel the same way TG does. Then why is is you 2 are the only ones that complain about everything, try to skew everything everyone else does into being illegal, unethicle and just today a new one....inappropriate?

In my state spring turkey is hunting by calling only,
show me in the code where it says you can't shoot a gobbler during season if you don't call him in

is it hunting by calling only to shoot at a turkey 60 or 70 yards Just because they made a few clucks after they saw turkeys?
In my life I have killed a bunch of turkeys, when I had vacation to take I hunted 3 states and did well the cluck is the best call out there, you can make them gobble a lot with a lot of yelping, the cluck will make them commit

I think not and I am sure if this choke is as advertised I am sure people will not even be calling, they may as well be using a rifle.
so you actually think you can set around in the woods without calling and have success gobbler hunting with a shotgun?

Quite frankly I do not care what you think of me, since I know your post also referenced me without using the screen name, if I thinks something is wrong, I will say so and all your BS whining about chasing people away to shut people up you don't agree with matters not to me or anyone else with a backbone.
accusing me of whining, you are officialy a liar, most things I don't agree with I let slide till they get stupid, when you back up stupid, what are folks supposed to think?

I really don;t care if people have to take vacation to hunt, I had to before I retired and my opinion was the same then as it is now on devices and implements that help hunters skirt the law and eliminates skill.
I don't care either, I did for years, when my daughter contracted type one diabetes I had to leave a job with 5 weeks vacation to be close by till we got her diabetes under control and asupport group trained, but I no longer have that luxury , and there are no devices and implements to skirt the law that are legal, though some do help with the skill level

So rant on and impress yourself! If you don't like my posts, don't read them or use the ignore feature.
I do not post here to impress anyone, I do my best to help people with facts and experience, I call out blatant BS, ya need anything else ?
Have a good day
RR
Old 01-15-2016, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm curious if the two old farts use hand calls? Mouth calls? Any type of turkey call? If they do then it's an unfair advantage to them just like this choke is. At least the choke doesn't "trick" an animals natural senses to come into a decoy...talk about inappropriate!
Old 01-15-2016, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Topgun 3006
***I can't disagree with your last statement at all. However, I see no way that this will do what you're saying if someone just has to kill something any way possible to be happy.
3 Ways more hunter participation could help:

1. More hunters making trips, supporting all sorts of businesses. Think Pittman-Robertson funds.

2. More support at the polls for habitat, game and hunting related laws and/or candidates.

3. More hunting leads to more protection of hunter access to areas. When hunting drops to very low numbers, it is easier for legislators to close or limit areas to hunting (fishing too).

Your points about clean humane kills and crippling animals at longer distances are worth consideration.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Now Jeep kid, that is one of the dumbest rationalizations you could have made. Calling turkeys and waterfowl is a learned skill which requires some effort and a knowledge of the species you are hunting and you call it an unfair advantage, give me a (Edited by JW going around wordfilter) break. Hunters used to be proud of learning hunting skills instead of an anything goes just so I kill something attitude that is prevalent today. Using a device that allows people to shoot at ridiculous ranges and can easily circumvent the laws that require calling in many states is not an unfair advantage in your book? If you are using a firearm or modern bow you have an advantage over unarmed animals but to have the skill to call your quarry into a reasonable range is what spring turkey hunting used to be about, not shooting them at ridiculous ranges where you have a better chance of just wounding them.

Last edited by JW; 01-15-2016 at 08:34 PM. Reason: language going around word filter!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

RR: "so you actually think you can set around in the woods without calling and have success gobbler hunting with a shotgun?"

Actually I didn't make a single call to the two biggest longbeards of many I've taken over the years with a shotgun, so go back to the drawing board because you don't know everything.
Old 01-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Spring turkey regs in PA

RR you ask!

(1) Permitted devices. It is lawful to hunt turkey during the spring turkey season with any of the following devices:

(i) A manually operated or semiautomatic, centerfire shotgun or muzzleloading shotgun using shot ammunition no larger than #4 lead, #2 steel or #4 of any other composition or alloy of nontoxic shot approved by the Director of the Unites States Fish and Wildlife Service or an authorized representative under 50 CFR 20.134 (relating to nontoxic shot).

(ii) A bow and arrow as permitted under subsection (a)(1)(iii).

(iii) A crossbow and bolt as permitted under subsection (a)(1)(iv).

(2) Prohibitions. While hunting turkey during the spring turkey season, it is unlawful to:

(i) Use a centerfire, rimfire or muzzleloading firearm using single projectile ammunition.

(ii) Use or possess single projectile ammunition, except arrows or bolts.

(iii) Use drives or any method other than hand or mouth calling.
[/B]
(iv) Use or possess an electronic caller or a live turkey as a decoy.

(v) Use a device not provided for in the act or in this subsection.

Stalking or just wondering around to try to get a shot is not legal.
Old 01-15-2016, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Looks like RR is now 0 for 2 on his statements!
Old 01-15-2016, 08:14 PM
JW
Super Moderator

OKAY BOYS YOU DRAGGED THIS TOPIC IN THE DIRT.

jw
Old 01-15-2016, 08:16 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by oldtimr
rr you ask!

(1) permitted devices. It is lawful to hunt turkey during the spring turkey season with any of the following devices:

(i) a manually operated or semiautomatic, centerfire shotgun or muzzleloading shotgun using shot ammunition no larger than #4 lead, #2 steel or #4 of any other composition or alloy of nontoxic shot approved by the director of the unites states fish and wildlife service or an authorized representative under 50 cfr 20.134 (relating to nontoxic shot).

(ii) a bow and arrow as permitted under subsection (a)(1)(iii).

(iii) a crossbow and bolt as permitted under subsection (a)(1)(iv).

(2) prohibitions. While hunting turkey during the spring turkey season, it is unlawful to:

(i) use a centerfire, rimfire or muzzleloading firearm using single projectile ammunition.

(ii) use or possess single projectile ammunition, except arrows or bolts.

(iii) use drives or any method other than hand or mouth calling.
[/b]
(iv) use or possess an electronic caller or a live turkey as a decoy.

(v) use a device not provided for in the act or in this subsection.

Stalking or just wondering around to try to get a shot is not legal.
all above is pa regulations which are not the same in other states- but do check your state's regs.

You can run and gun in other states.

now back to the topic.

jw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.