Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Where has everybody gone?  Kinda sad >

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Where has everybody gone? Kinda sad

Old 06-03-2015, 08:56 AM
Typical Buck

I joined in 2004 under gobblertracker, the last two years seam as though the posting has slowed and so mine has also but one reason for me and poss. others is I know a heck of a lot more now and although I love to help new hunters they are the same questions with almost the same answers so I respond less to posts than I used to.
I love the spring turkey contest and I am grateful for the help I got so many years ago in finding the best loads for my shotgun, info on where to look for turkeys and other tips on hunting tactic's from caring sportsmen on this site. It was the hunters on this site and myself that taught me to hunt turkeys, I'll always be here sharing the comradery and helping new hunters with there questions and asking my own I'm sure as we always learn something new. Thanks...... now I'm addicted.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jalvja
I am one of the original members here.I've belonged to this site since it was just a few weeks old.We had a great group here.We had alot of fun.Lots of jokin around,Lots of turkey experience but the main thing is there was no competition among us.Just a group of guys who loved to hunt turkey.Then a few members showed up who thought they were the greatest thing since sliced bread.If they shot more birds than someone it was cause they were better.If someone shot more than them it was cause that person was huntin TAME birds. There were lots of personal attacks and most of the original guys just got fed up and left.I still check the place out but very seldom make a post.That's pretty much it.Oh yeah,If you notice my join date as 2003,It's because that was the last of two meltdowns this site had.Anti's hacked the site a couple of times.
I know that there has been a lot of that on here, and it's really unfortunate. I myself have always just stayed away from threads when they start to go south but have kept trying to come back. Guys like you and maytom and some of the originals helped me a lot when I first came on here. When I first joined this site I had yet to kill a turkey, and since then I've killed multiple birds every year. While I believe that the first 4 years I hunted and never killed a bird, along with my experience since then, has made me into the turkey hunter I am today, I definitely got a lot of help from guys on here that has helped in my success. I had questions and always got good helpful responses and also was able to just talk to some good ol turkey hunters and I am appreciative of that for sure. There still are definitely some really good guys on here but I know there will always be some bad apples in the bunch.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RockyMtnGobblers
I joined in 2004 under gobblertracker, the last two years seam as though the posting has slowed and so mine has also but one reason for me and poss. others is I know a heck of a lot more now and although I love to help new hunters they are the same questions with almost the same answers so I respond less to posts than I used to.
I love the spring turkey contest and I am grateful for the help I got so many years ago in finding the best loads for my shotgun, info on where to look for turkeys and other tips on hunting tactic's from caring sportsmen on this site. It was the hunters on this site and myself that taught me to hunt turkeys, I'll always be here sharing the comradery and helping new hunters with there questions and asking my own I'm sure as we always learn something new. Thanks...... now I'm addicted.
I can see this too. I just love hearing others stories too and doesn't seem like we get much of that anymore.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by maytom
Well spoken jalvja. Been a very long time since the old gang was here. Like you, I try to stop in from time to time as well. haven't seen BT post in quite some time either. Did you guys hook up this season in PA?
Paul,We didn't get together in Pa. or Ontario this yr.First time that has happened in 15 yrs or so.We did hook up and hunted a day together in Florida
Old 06-03-2015, 05:28 PM
Typical Buck

I like this site too but with work especially this time of year makes it tough to spend time on a computer.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

been here since '98, don't post as much as I use to, too much drama and BS to deal with, how ya been Jim?
RR
Old 06-03-2015, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to visit and post a bunch here too. Things have slowed way down. I do still participate in the Turkey and Archery contests. I'd probably visit more often if things would pick up a bit.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Social media sites like Facebook take forum members away also. I'm on a couple Hunting/Working dog forums and thats what they attributed the lack of activity on anyway.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
been here since '98, don't post as much as I use to, too much drama and BS to deal with, how ya been Jim?
RR
Still kickin my friend.Just not as high.How's the family doin?
Old 06-04-2015, 02:29 AM
Fork Horn

Here is what happened:

1). Drama

2). Self-proclaimed gurus

3). Facebook

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.