Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Great way to display Turkey beards >

Great way to display Turkey beards

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Great way to display Turkey beards

Old 04-21-2015, 04:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default Great way to display Turkey beards

Here is a easy, cheap and cool way to display turkey beards. You could even use this to add breads to another display if you like check it out. https://youtu.be/56K7mAc0JdI
Old 04-23-2015, 12:04 PM
Spike

This is an interesting way to display beards. My father and I do something a little similar, though it allows you to display spurs too. It works both with or without spurs. Our method is, use a torch to separate the plastic casing from the used shotgun shell and keep the cap. Use a drill to drill out the primer on the shotgun cap. Run some sort of string (we use leather strips) through the cap and thread your spurs onto it, and return the string through the hole. Tie a knot to hold it all in place. Then use hot glue to further hold it in place as well as glue the beard inside of the cap. You can then hang them on anything, nails on the wall, deer antlers, or thread them onto an arrow and hang them with a coat rack or something similar. I don't have any pictures or video of the process, but here's what they look like finished:

Old 04-24-2015, 09:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

Pretty good string of beards!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 04-24-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 05:27 AM
Fork Horn

I do mine the same way. On the shotgun shell, instead of drilling the primer, set the shell on a socket or center it on a hole in a board, and tap the primer out with a hammer and a nail from inside the shell brass.