Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
full strut or 1/4 strut jake >

full strut or 1/4 strut jake

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

full strut or 1/4 strut jake

Old 04-08-2015, 09:11 PM
Spike

Default full strut or 1/4 strut jake

should I use a full strut Tom decoy or the 1/4 strut decoy? I've seen a lot of jakes this spring before opening day and thinking that the 1/4 strut would be better and less intimidating, but think the full strut would stick out more idk. what's your experience.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:46 PM
Spike

If you anticipate hunting a henned up tom, I would recommend the full strut jake. If you don't know what you will be hunting, the 1/4 strut jake may be a better option. I have more than once seen a group of jakes harass a tom and chase him from his hens, but I am not sure that a dominant tom would be intimidated by one strutting jake or tom.
Old 04-09-2015, 12:37 AM
Spike

I always looked for natural skincare products, and when I found out about Simply Soaps, a natural soap making company in my country, I felt really happy. I ordered many natural soaps and I was very pleased with their quality.