Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
All Quiet on SE Al. Front >

All Quiet on SE Al. Front

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

All Quiet on SE Al. Front

Old 03-31-2015, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another week of nada. Three hunting. One busted a roosted gobbler. The other two did not hear a bird. Cannot find tracks to amount to much. Headed back Friday for a week. I am definitely missing some clue. Either that or they are gone .... but from 3000 acres ???/ Cannot see how. For sure a Jake may be in trouble now !!!
Old 03-31-2015, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

Same thing I ran into last week down there. I heard one turkey shock gobble twice and that was it. Didn't see hardly any fresh sign, a few hen tracks and that was it.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:32 AM
Typical Buck

Birds are still here. Lots of rain has washed a lot of sign away. They still aren't at that point yet. Abnormal Feb and March weather has pushed them back just a little. Yesterday I heard 7-8 birds but most weren't hot. I got on 4 toms gobbling together. Got one called up but he busted me. Sat within "drumming" range of the other 3 but couldn't get them in range. From 8am to 1pm they would answer calls and strut but they just never felt "hot" to me. Most birds are gobbling a few times on the limb and a few times on the ground but that's about it.
Old 04-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

This week has been better. First two gobblers down at the club. One a nice 12" beard, 21#, 1 1/8" spur killed during an afternoon hunt Monday. My buddy was working a ridge road. Gobbler came in silent to my bud's first set of clucks and cuts on his slate pot. Another hunting buddy of mine dropped an almost identical sized bird around 06:15 this morning ... 10" beard, 20# with 1 1/8" spurs. This bird was gobbling at day break and came to my buddy's diaphram call yelps. Me ... still skunked. And working next few days ... dang.