Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Black Kettle- Oklahoma

Old 06-03-2014, 10:00 AM
Spike

Default Black Kettle- Oklahoma

Anyone hunt this area this spring? Looking for a place to get a DIY Rio to complete my slam. Thinking of checking it out next season. Went to N. Central Kansas last year where they are supposed to be Rios but both birds I took looked like the Meriams I've taken in the Black Hills. Any info would be appreciated, thanks!
Old 06-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Super Moderator

shoot me a pm. I hunt there once in a while. (every year) lol Might be able to swap help. I'm in search of the other 3 as time allows.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Spike

PM sent, be glad to help anyone with the areas I've hunted.
Old 06-04-2014, 05:00 AM
Fork Horn

Go the middle to latter part of the season and hunt during the week. Avoid weekend like the plague.

Gman
Old 01-06-2015, 05:57 AM
Spike

Anyone know of good public land areas with good success or DIY hunts in the Midwest or west. I will be heading to colorado end of April and early may. I would love to stop somewhere along the way and find a place for me and the wife to hunt her first turkey

Thanks

Buck