Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Pulled up stakes for the year >

Pulled up stakes for the year

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Pulled up stakes for the year

Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 AM
neb
Typical Buck

Default Pulled up stakes for the year

I would like to say good job to all that have harvested a turkey!! It is not always easy so great hunting guys.

This morning I went out and the birds where 200 to 300 feet from the blind. It was foggy so I edged my way to the edge of the field and I got a great show and some gobbling. I just couldn't get them to leave the hens. LOL I have tried just about everything and they just wouldn't commit this year. I did have my chance when the shell would fire early on in the season so that was my lesson this year. Thanks for the great stories and advise again this year. Season closes tomorrow and off to other outdoor activities now.

Last edited by neb; 05-17-2014 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2014, 06:20 AM
Typical Buck

That's hunting ! I have also noticed the birds are off a bit this year and I have had to resort to all kinds of techniques from bushwacking to even sitting in a blind . This week was the first time this season that actually got a couple birds to work.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry it didn't work out for you this year Neb
Old 05-17-2014, 02:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry to hear of your luck neb... This year has been a strange year for sure and up this way at least the bird numbers are down from the harsh winter we had and the wet spring last year. Also the green grass has actually just now coming up fairly decent. Just a very late year and the birds are acting that way as well. I am hopeful that next year will be a better year for all of us.