Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
need gobblers to come across road! >

need gobblers to come across road!

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

need gobblers to come across road!

Old 04-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

My dad suggested setting up on the edge of the woods and using a lone hen decoy and see if we cant get him to commit. I thought about trying a strutter and a lone hen to see if that would get him mad enough to come across. Then again we still have two weeks so maybe they will start roosting on my side!
Old 04-16-2014, 03:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am thinking your dad's suggestion maybe a pretty good one.. Then if the Toms do not want to cross the hens may and the toms will soon be following the hens..
Old 04-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

the day before season opens, get on the property you can hunt and call, call a lot, make a lot of hen noise, they should be on your side the next morning.
RR
Old 04-19-2014, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
the day before season opens, get on the property you can hunt and call, call a lot, make a lot of hen noise, they should be on your side the next morning.
RR
Never thought about that! Interesting idea would like to know how it works out if you choose to try it
Old 04-19-2014, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by grinder67
Never thought about that! Interesting idea would like to know how it works out if you choose to try it
isn't my first rodeo, won't work every time but works often enough to say it works.
RR
Old 04-19-2014, 05:13 PM
Fork Horn

Ill give that a shot! What time should i go in there an do it? Im thinking if i can use both tactics i may have a shot. Today on my way home i finally saw a hen on my side of the road not tol far from my hunting spot. Problem is...was around 4pm!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:19 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
isn't my first rodeo, won't work every time but works often enough to say it works.
RR
Fooled several myself, its always nice to hear diffrent ideas from fellow hunters. Thanks
Old 04-19-2014, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Teebugg
Ill give that a shot! What time should i go in there an do it? Im thinking if i can use both tactics i may have a shot. Today on my way home i finally saw a hen on my side of the road not tol far from my hunting spot. Problem is...was around 4pm!
Maybe she was scouting for a different roost that night?
Old 04-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Maybe she was scouting for a different roost that night?
That would be awesome! Ill find out here in a few hours as im going out to listen and hopefully hear a gobble or two!
Old 04-20-2014, 01:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Teebugg
I would go in while they are gobbleing in the morn, make sure they hear you call, then once they settle down get in there and do a lot of calling. stay on them they'll cross the road sometime.
RR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.