Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

MOJO Scoot and Shoot

Old 03-20-2014, 02:16 PM
Spike

Default MOJO Scoot and Shoot

Link to Video on YouTube

Wanted to share this video with you all. I hadn't heard of the MOJO Scoot and Shoot before today. It's essentially a turkey decoy/tail you hide behind to get a little too up close and personal with your target bird.

I have fairly negative feelings about this method of hunting and wanted to see what you all thought. This video in particular shows all the worst parts. The equivalence of a shoot me sign in your face, rushed shots that miss and maim too often, and nasty body shots that'll make eating the bird a potential trip to the dentist to cap broken teeth.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same hear... That video is a joke... Anybody that thinks that's how a "WILD" turkey should be hunted isn't much of a turkey hunter!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:08 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Not only that - the other MOJO decoys, since you brought it up, especially the mechanical or remote turkey decoys - well buyer beware!

Mechanical or remote decoys are illegal in most states - Read your regulations!

Hate to see you get some costly expensive fine for no reason.

JW
Old 03-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's about stupid.LOL
Old 03-24-2014, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

Ya watched it and really not very impressed. looks like them guys need a scatter gun for the up close shots. If I done that someone would shoot me in the a$$!!!
Old 03-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

I think it's disgusting! and should be outlawed!

Recorded and mechanical hunting aids are illegal in Colorado but they are sold by many stores.

You can in Colorado shoot turkeys out of trees however, Not very sporting though and I'll never do it, if you cant hunt em with far chase go home!

Last edited by RockyMtnGobblers; 03-28-2014 at 04:29 PM.