Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Primos Bombshell Turkey call? >

Primos Bombshell Turkey call?

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Primos Bombshell Turkey call?

Old 03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Spike

Default Primos Bombshell Turkey call?

anyone use this product? Seen it at the store today. Being my first year Turkey hunting, im thinking this may be about the easiest call I can get. Plus it mounts to your gun.
Old 03-04-2014, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

I have not used this call, but I have used a couple push/pull calls, mostly the Tom Coffin by Knight & Hale. What I found was, though I thought they generally sounded okay, it was difficult to get much volume on them. I used to lay mine on the ground next to me so I could reach it and work it one-handed if a gobbler was in sight and I didn't want to use a call that took 2 hands (and, actually, that situation never materialized). That is, I think, the point of the gun mount, you can have your hands on your gun and aim at the bird while still working the call. Potentially useful, but I don't think they are as versatile or capable of the volume of a box or a peg & pot call, so I wouldn't rely on one as my primary call. Boxes are pretty easy to get the hang of.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:05 AM
Spike

I'll have to check out box calls as well. Thanks!
Old 03-04-2014, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

If you're looking for hands free and more versatility such as volume and different calls, nothing beats a mouth call/diaphram. Just takes a little bit of practice.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:39 PM
Typical Buck

my best advice would be to buy a box for your main calling and a mouth call for when the gobblers close. this was my setup the first few years i turkey hunted.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:36 PM
Fork Horn

Stay away from the store bought calls. You have one of the best callmakers right in your home state.

http://www.davidhalloranturkeycalls.com/

Anything David builds has turkey built right into it

Gman