HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Turkey Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting-5/)
-   -   what is you favorite turkey gun (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turkey-hunting/389967-what-you-favorite-turkey-gun.html)

william75 04-06-2014 02:46 PM

Knight tk2000 blk pwdr 12

Todd1700 04-06-2014 10:31 PM

Mossberg 835. They aren't fancy. They rattle a bit. They kick like a pissed off mule. And they won't impress your dinner guests like a Benelli. But man do they throw a pattern for turkey hunting. And besides reliably going boom whenever I pull the trigger, pattern is the next most important thing to me. Even with a 20 inch barrel mine is deadly to 50 yards with a hevishot choke and Hevi-13 number 6's.

cammogunner 04-08-2014 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by Todd1700 (Post 4132904)
Mossberg 835. They aren't fancy. They rattle a bit. They kick like a pissed off mule. And they won't impress your dinner guests like a Benelli. But man do they throw a pattern for turkey hunting. And besides reliably going boom whenever I pull the trigger, pattern is the next most important thing to me. Even with a 20 inch barrel mine is deadly to 50 yards with a hevishot choke and Hevi-13 number 6's.

sound great to me you dont need a 1000 dollar gun to kill a turkey you need one that shoots and throws a tight pattern any one that tells you otherwise is crazy:happy0001:

CJMart 04-09-2014 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by cammogunner (Post 4132469)
hey that sound like a turkey KILLER.. i want a redot on mine possibly. what do you think of yours does it help the paterns poi any.

Cammogunner, to be honest I just added my red dot this year. I've always been a fiber-optic guy. I'm really liking my sight picture with it and I don't feel constricted at all. I was worried I'd feel like my target was 'boxed-in' with a smaller tube of a red dot, but I'm liking what I see right now in patterning my gun. I'm really liking the crispness of the dot on this TruGlo. It's no Aimpoint or EOTech, but it also didn't set me back half a paycheck. I'll keep you posted as Ohio season opens in a few weeks!

cammogunner 04-09-2014 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by CJMart (Post 4133390)
Cammogunner, to be honest I just added my red dot this year. I've always been a fiber-optic guy. I'm really liking my sight picture with it and I don't feel constricted at all. I was worried I'd feel like my target was 'boxed-in' with a smaller tube of a red dot, but I'm liking what I see right now in patterning my gun. I'm really liking the crispness of the dot on this TruGlo. It's no Aimpoint or EOTech, but it also didn't set me back half a paycheck. I'll keep you posted as Ohio season opens in a few weeks!

Awsome I look forward. To hearing you took a bird with that red dot..I thinkI will pickup sometime Im intriged with having one on my pump guns