Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Snake boots

Old 02-27-2014, 05:07 AM
Spike

i would have to third the danner, i used rocky until they fell apart, they were in my mind the best boot ever, however once i bought the danner snake boots...my mind has changed. Ive tried all the boots from basspro and nothing compares to the danner. Im a firm believer if it doesnt say gortex its not waterprooof. the boots that read waterproof yeah they are waterproof for about a year..then the break down.. the way i think is like this.. if your out 2-3 miles in the woods chasing an old gobbler and you have wet feet game over...pay the money now so you wont be so mad later. I would caution anyone on getting pull on boots...the are super comfortable but walking on the side of a mountian or up and down you will get blisters i sold my wellington snake boots made by rocky on ebay. bottom line you get what you pay for. and to me your feet is the only thing that is gonna be able to carry you out of the woods might as well make it enjoyable as the hunt. hope that helps
Old 02-27-2014, 05:43 AM
JW
Super Moderator

If you do not hunt snake country all that much and are looking for an alternative to buying snake boots look at leggings and or chaps.

I bought a pair of camo snake leggings which work well and are easy to use.

Now if I hunted snake country more I would own a pair of snake boots.

JW