Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Calling Tips

Old 01-28-2014, 06:13 PM
Spike

Default Calling Tips

Hi all!
I hunt turkeys every spring on our dairy farm in Ohio. We also have a fall season where it is legal to kill hens. I have never hunted the fall season but I would like to start. Do you call any differently in the fall compared to spring? -For example, you use different deer calls during the Rut.

Any fall turkey hunting tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Old 01-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Kee-kee runs and gathering yelps usually work pretty well for attracting hens. As will cutting. Just don't over call.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Slayer11
Hi all!
I hunt turkeys every spring on our dairy farm in Ohio. We also have a fall season where it is legal to kill hens. I have never hunted the fall season but I would like to start. Do you call any differently in the fall compared to spring? -For example, you use different deer calls during the Rut.

Any fall turkey hunting tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
You kinda sound like your new to turkey hunting...

How many spring gobblers have you taken and how long have you been hunting Turkey's???

Just curious...