Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Close encounter of the Coon kind... >

Close encounter of the Coon kind...

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Close encounter of the Coon kind...

Old 05-24-2013, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Default Close encounter of the Coon kind...

I decided this is cute enough to share with everyone on a new thread.

I went again this morning going after the same bird and didn't hear too much but the Tom would Gobble every now and then.
I wait for a while then give him a little bit of a cluck or purr. He doesn't answer but I know he knows I'm there.
I'm set up right in his living room inside the bush to give him a little bit of a security blanket.
This started about 7:30AM and by around 9:00AM everything is quiet and I know he must be inching towards me by this time.
I see a movement on my left going away about 20 yards. It's the Tom and I have my gun ready and he ia just changing position and lucky for him he is in brush not giving me a clear shot. The farther he went the heavier the cover seems. I can barely make him out at around 40 yards. He stayed there for a while and never spooked but meantime I am getting uncomfortable as it is a cold morning today. He must have went and checked the clearing behind me as I was facing the inside of the bush. Well there's another time and at least I know he is still responsive in his own way.
Now for the exciting part. I am just sitting there and as I looked up here's a Raccoon looking right at me at about 2 ft.
I'll let the video tell the rest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GPkr8d1hqc

The saga continues.
CHEERS to all,
louie
Old 05-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would think she had pups close by. I just videoed one attack me a week ago that I snuck up on.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:45 PM
Fork Horn

I think she's just a baby. Really just a very young curious Coon.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:46 AM
Typical Buck

That is pretty cool the stuff you see while hunting can sometimes create more lasting memories that a successful hunt.
Old 05-26-2013, 10:40 AM
Spike

What a great vid, thanks for sharing!