Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Cody Turkey Calls!

Old 05-18-2013, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cody Turkey Calls!

I am a bit a stickler when it comes to high end calls and believe there is a differece. I have bought many from woodhaven to blodgett and many others. I still have never found a call that sounds as realistic as my World Class Slate from Cody.

Any others out there using Cody I also love my glass and for the money the woodsman is a great production call.

I'm sure this post was in some way unethical or leadińg youth astray from the ethics police but I'm still curious what others use or have also used different Cody's?
Old 05-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Super Moderator

There is nothing unethical about the post. Cody makes a very good call.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
There is nothing unethical about the post. Cody makes a very good call.
I know its not unethical only in good fun a few of the forum members and myself have been discussing various topics the past few days. I am however interested to see if Cody has a following on here.
Old 05-18-2013, 04:49 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I use cody's good calls but bill zearing is a true dickheadacus maximus, I'll not buy anymore.
RR
I know a guy that produced the original slate glass and long beards video but never heard much negative or positive feedback I do know that was the only video they made together.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was turned off Cody calls about 25 yrs ago.Bought one that was not glued properly.They would not stand behind it and make it right.I told him to stick his call where the sun don't shine. Come to find out mine was not the only one.Don't care how many turkey a call can call in.If the maker won't stand behind his product,I won't buy it.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by bghunter777
I am a bit a stickler when it comes to high end calls and believe there is a differece. I have bought many from woodhaven to blodgett and many others. I still have never found a call that sounds as realistic as my World Class Slate from Cody.

Any others out there using Cody I also love my glass and for the money the woodsman is a great production call.

I'm sure this post was in some way unethical or leadińg youth astray from the ethics police but I'm still curious what others use or have also used different Cody's?
high end calls don't work any better than the other's. if they make you feel good, then great, the turkey really don't care, you never in your life heard two turkey sound the same. most days, none of them work and some days everything work and you will never know why. last week i hunted 3 days, all the same area, all the same calls and style, two days i never heard a word, one day i called in 8 seperate toms, one to 9 ft. of me. why?

cheers
Old 05-19-2013, 12:54 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by 14 ga
high end calls don't work any better than the other's. if they make you feel good, then great, the turkey really don't care, you never in your life heard two turkey sound the same. most days, none of them work and some days everything work and you will never know why. last week i hunted 3 days, all the same area, all the same calls and style, two days i never heard a word, one day i called in 8 seperate toms, one to 9 ft. of me. why?

cheers
I will respectfully disagree. This is in no way a shot at your calling ability. But high end calls are like a high end instrument in the hands of a skilled caller IMO are an asset to the hunter and in some circumstances make the difference particularly when sorround a by several birds. Hens ect.

Not in every instance as you are correct some days with some birds a squeaky door will call them in. Once you have reached a certain ability having a high end call makes a difference to the average weekend warrior a Primos jackpot is just as good as the 150 dollar Cody world class.

But to those who really master the art hitting all the different pitches and tones Kee Kees deep raspy yelps ect just becoming part of the flock can and has IMO made the differenc on many hunts.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jalvja, Had the same thing happen with a Blodgett call. Glass, slate glass fell right out of the call.

To be honest wasn't really impressed with it from then get go.

Last edited by Charlie P; 05-19-2013 at 01:17 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Kind of obvious it wasn't isn't it? The OP mentioned Blodgetts and Jalva mentioned the same thing I had happen with a Blodgett so I mentioned it. That ok with you?

Last edited by Charlie P; 05-19-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Charlie P
Kind of obvious it wasn't isn't it? The OP mentioned Blodgetts and Jalva mentioned the same thing I had happen with a Blodgett so I mentioned it. That ok with you?
I bought my first woodhaven this year after hearing good things it was a glass. The call was ok but just didnt quite have that realism I expected. I judge realism simply by could u tell that's a call you may even say that's a pretty good call but u know its a call none the less. IMO Cody particular slate Cody's are almost impossible to decipher from a wild hen.

I understand no 2 hens sound the same but I'm sure u have all heard the guy whaling away on a paddle box call it doesn't take a seasoned pro to tell u that's a call.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.