Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
turkeys five hunters zero >

turkeys five hunters zero

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkeys five hunters zero

Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

Default turkeys five hunters zero

I called five different gobblers in the other day and failed to score. Had a newbee with me that I called two seperate gobblers into but he didn't get to pull the trigger by his account wasn't sure of the distance. I got caught while working a bird to my buddy with the caller in my hand by one that came in silent about 25 yards away and I couldn't get a clear shot. One gobbler came in with a hen with him that my buddy didn't get a shot at. I had two come in that were in the brush about 40yds away and I never got off a shot! The place has since grown silent because of too many other hunters coming in there and they pushed them out or what was there went silent. I don't know which is worse not hearing any or getting that many opportunities and not scoring! The day before that I called one that hung on bench and wouldn't come the rest of the way. I am thankful for the opportunities, but how much can one guy take.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

Hang in there it will all come together for you
Old 05-09-2013, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds to me like it's been a very successful hunt so far. To me, calling them in is the hunt. Pulling the trigger is a side benefit. You keep on bringing them in. Sooner or later something's got to die.
Old 05-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Fork Horn

X2 Wingbone. I've always said when hunting in pairs that the actual hunter is the guy doing the calling. Anyone can pull the trigger but the skill and enjoyment all comes from the man having a conversation with the bird. Sounds to me like you have had a great season. I have been lucky this year and tagged out in MD the first week of the season but have also had my share of seasons when the only thing for dinner was tag soup. There have been many years I'd have been incredibly thankful to have mixed it up with birds that wanted to play 5 times. Keep at it and good luck the rest of the spring if your season hasn't ended yet.