Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Dang Good Season

Old 04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Dang Good Season

The group that I hunt with had a great season. The habitat for turkey where I hunt has improved greatly over the past 4-5 years. Turkey population was way up from previous years.

Not sure if anyone is making a last ditch hunt tomorrow. So far, this year we have killed 11 good gobblers, 1 Jake and 1 bearded hen. For me the highlight was my grandson and granddaughter were able to hear gobbling and see a nice gobbler ease into gun range. This was their first time to turkey hunt.

One guy killed his first ever. An 80 year old guest who has been unable physically to turkey hunt in 5 years took a great gobbler ... 12 1/2" beard, 1 1/4" spurs. And our eldest club member, Doc, who is now 93 was able to make 2 days worth of midday-afternoon hunting ... had a gobbler one afternoon to work but was unable to call it within range.

I lucked into two and missed another (tooooo faaarrr as my ol' buddy would have said).