Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Advice for Turkey hunting >

Advice for Turkey hunting

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Advice for Turkey hunting

Old 04-16-2013, 02:20 PM
Spike

Default Advice for Turkey hunting

Wear boots with your pants legs tucked in!! Use insect repellent with DEET!!
Turkey hunting last week..To shorten a longer story, I must have sat down on a colony of deer ticks. I ended up with 13 ticks on me..attached. Antibotics, ugly red sores, testing for lymes diesese. Pray that I come clean.
Didn't get a turkey. I have killed one this year, which is #50 lifetime.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats and good luck.

Treat clothes with permethrin.

Last edited by Tundra10; 04-16-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 AM
Fork Horn

season opens May 1st here so a buddy and I went for a walk in the woods last week and same thing! Ticks and insects are gonig to be a huge problem this year. Last May same thing happend to me as well. Called in 4 birds, they hung up 65 yards away and never had any luck. Only thing I had luck with was bringing home a family of ticks! Attaching to me and my dog and breeding in my house and laying eggs in the carpets. it was horrible!!! had to get an exterminator to bomb and fume my whole house. Sad thing is I used a whole can of permethrin almost with the anticipation of the bugs being unbearable due to the light winters. Good luck with everything and congrats on your bird!