Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Newb here

Old 04-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Spike

Default Newb here

Just a post to introduce myself.
New here, and new at turkey hunting as well... this spring
was my first season and I'm pretty much addicted already.
Can't imagine letting another year go by w/o doing it.
I live in Central FL, been checking out Richloam/Green Swamp
and having luck finding birds (by finding I don't mean bagging)
but figure next year will be my real shot at it. Also networking
like a madman to get access to some private lands.
Aside from turkey, I'm already a diehard duck hunter as well.
Glad to be here and look forward to participating.

- MR
Old 04-15-2013, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome MRichardson. A lot of very knowledgable turkey hunters on this forum that will answer any questions you may have. I also live and hunt in central Florida.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:19 PM
Spike

Hi MRichardson and welcome to the forum. As previously stated, there are some knowledgeable hunters here that are more than willing to share what they know. Plus, you can read some interesting stories from other people's hunts. I'm relatively new to turkey hunting and recently bagged my first tom. Now, I'm officially addicted to hunting turkeys! Story and pics from my experience bagging my first turkey, as well as stories from several others, can be viewed here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/turk...-anyone-2.html

Again, welcome to the forum and we look forward to your participation.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome MRichardson to a place were the Turkeys hang out and talk Turkey. It is a great Game Bird to hunt that can test your patience and skill at times. They are incredable to work and draw in to the strut zone before ending the show. Once you learn how to cook them and decide which way you prefer they are yummy as well. Glad to have you in the group.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:34 PM
Spike

Thanks for the warm welcome. Is it a bad sign that, with only less than a week for the FL season, I've started to research states north of here to see if I can extend my hunting time? LOL, just kidding, maybe.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 PM
Fork Horn

Glad to see you networking to gain access to land vs whining about having no options other than public land!

I knock doors like crazy all year long and I would say I only have about 20% success rate but over the years that has added up to HUNDREDS of acres of private land that I get first dibs on!

You think your addicted now.... you just wait til you have one right in your lap, then seal the deal!!

Welcome!

Don
Old 04-16-2013, 04:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the site MRichardson.. As others have stated there is a lot of knowledge to be had from this site.. I shot my first turkey because of knowledge passed on from here. It was during a fall hunt and a bow only hunt then. After getting that first one I have been blessed with tagging out for the past 2 springs now.. So ask some questions as there is never a stupid question in my eyes except for the question not asked..
Old 04-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to turkey hunting and this forum