Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Grand Daughter "Witnesses" First >

Grand Daughter "Witnesses" First

Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Grand Daughter "Witnesses" First

Old 04-13-2013, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Grand Daughter "Witnesses" First

As soon as I can figure it out, I will post a photo of my grand daughter's first gobbler. I had to work today. My son-in-law and our buddy, and my 7 year old grandson and 9 year old granddaughter went out this morning. My grand daughter wnt with the buddy. They had 2 Toms gobbling in the roost at day break. They set up on a woods road at a the bottom of a ridge near a small food plot where they had set up a decoy. Around 6:45, a heck of a gobbler came off the hill, gobbling all the way. He stepped out into the field and began to strut. Our buddy let it put on a show for a while then killed it. She was pumped.

My son-in-law and grandson had 5 gobbling near them. They set up along a woods road. Called up a nice gobbler too. Gobbler came strutting up the road, gobbling along the way. Popped out into the clear at about 20 yards. Grandson got excited whjen he saw the gobbler and moved .... "putt-putt" and gone. But they heard some and had one very close.

Not a bad day! Wish I had been there too.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
As soon as I can figure it out, I will post a photo of my grand daughter's first gobbler. I had to work today. My son-in-law and our buddy, and my 7 year old grandson and 9 year old granddaughter went out this morning. My grand daughter wnt with the buddy. They had 2 Toms gobbling in the roost at day break. They set up on a woods road at a the bottom of a ridge near a small food plot where they had set up a decoy. Around 6:45, a heck of a gobbler came off the hill, gobbling all the way. He stepped out into the field and began to strut. Our buddy let it put on a show for a while then killed it. She was pumped.

My son-in-law and grandson had 5 gobbling near them. They set up along a woods road. Called up a nice gobbler too. Gobbler came strutting up the road, gobbling along the way. Popped out into the clear at about 20 yards. Grandson got excited whjen he saw the gobbler and moved .... "putt-putt" and gone. But they heard some and had one very close.

Not a bad day! Wish I had been there too.
Hey mojo, did you ever get my PM? I am almost certain we share the same friend now.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep - One in the same. Opie and I have hunted together for years. He is my son-in-law's good buddy. Ope is a fine turkey hunter. Better than I suspect I will ever be.
Old 04-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Yep - One in the same. Opie and I have hunted together for years. He is my son-in-law's good buddy. Ope is a fine turkey hunter. Better than I suspect I will ever be.
haha. I am hunting with him in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to it. He knows his stuff for sure.