Community
Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

turkey talk

Old 03-26-2013, 09:40 PM
Spike

Default turkey talk

Its cold down here what's yaw opinion. On it effecting them gobbling
Old 03-27-2013, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It won't keep them from gobbling. Up here they gobble and strut in the snow all the time. This year they'll be doing a lot of it.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:00 AM
Fork Horn

I think that here in Pa. the below average temps will push back the main breeding season by a few weeks. Last year during our record warm month of March the gobblers were really sounding off by the third week. This year I only heard of a very few gobblers sounding off within the last week. Since our season is a month away I hope that the gobblers will be in their prime during the first and second weeks of the season.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Fork Horn

Hoping it does the same here in ny. Although i think length of daylight has more to do with breeding than temperature. At least thats what was told to me. Either way i hope it gets pushed back. Last season was the worst turkey season ive ever hunted.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

I believe it's a combination of daylight and temperature.
I expect the colder temps this spring will delay things
by a week or two in many areas.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 AM
Spike

It has been pretty quiet in Richloam, Florida. But it has been very windy and have had some storms come through. Hope next week is better.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Colder years around here typically dont affect gobbling as much as other forms of weather, meaning rain/snow. Cold sunny mornings usually means fired up birds, I've killed a lot of turkeys with frost on the ground.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 PM
Spike

I am in al. I think your right its going to push things up. Thanks for all your helpful advise I l am new
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM
Spike

To the forum I still trinng to figure out how to post my first bird of the season
Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default re-posted

I copied my post from another turkey hunting forum. This was written March 23, 2013.

I took my Lab out today and walked around a public area I might want to hunt when our first season opens on April 15. I was really impressed with the turkey tracks and other sign I saw. I spotted one very nice tom and a dozen hens. There are several food plots that still have corn on some of the cobs and the birds are feeding there. I had another place I was going to try, but now I'm not sure where to go first. On the way home the weather forecast is calling for another 3 inches of snow. There is still a lot of snow in the timber, along with ice from when the creek was high and then froze.

So after scouting today, I'm gonna get out my SNOW CAMMO!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.