Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
amazing choke and shell combos for a browning silver NWTF edition >

amazing choke and shell combos for a browning silver NWTF edition

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

amazing choke and shell combos for a browning silver NWTF edition

Old 03-17-2013, 03:05 AM
Spike

Default amazing choke and shell combos for a browning silver NWTF edition

I have a browning silver NWTF edition 3.5"and I shoot the factory choke that I think is .645 don't hold me to that but it is tight and I have not had a chance to experiment a whole lot but I have had good luck with the federal heavyweight #5 with the flight control wad. I am wandering what has worked for the rest of you guys either shells with that choke our other choke and shell combos with that gun. any input would be appreciated.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow that choke seems really tight to be shooting the fed heavy weight threw... I'd double check that out...
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Spike

I could be wrong.I work out of town and it took me a while to check it, it was not stamped on choke. I think it is very tight though.wandering if maybe I should try one that's a little more open, does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I shoot a Browning 3 inch B-80 with a Hastings .640 choke...It doesn't like heavy loads...I dropped down to 1 5/8 loads and it does great...Found out the cheap Remington Nitros do very well...

I've even tried it with high brass 1 1/4 loads in 2 3/4 shells and wouldn't be too handicapped out to 35 yards with that...That might be my load when I get past 65...
Old 03-28-2013, 08:39 AM
Spike

HeviShot tube(.664)and Magnum Blend -
Browning BPS

90 pellets (19%) in the 3" circle and 276 pellets (74%) in the 12" circle
30 yds
Attached Thumbnails amazing choke and shell combos for a browning silver NWTF edition-img_2535-copy.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Nothing beats the Magnum Blends from HeviSHot