Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Turkey Hunting
Strutting and Gobbling in the SE >

Strutting and Gobbling in the SE

Turkey Hunting Whether it's spring or fall doesn't matter to this bunch. Great tips on calling, bustin flocks, using blinds and more.

Strutting and Gobbling in the SE

Old 03-02-2013, 04:12 AM
Spike

Post Strutting and Gobbling in the SE

I am from SC. I was just curious if anyone in the SE Region:SC,NC,GA,TN, etc. has been seeing/noticing any activity?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Spike

Rumors of them strutting in Alabama and Georgia from some friends of mine. But up here in MO, I saw 9 flocks yesterday all had toms in them but none were strutting or even responding to calls. I have a feeling the foot of snow in most places had to contribute to that. But it's projected to be a much more normal breeding season this year. Last year breeding was all but done as seasons were just getting started. Best of luck to you though in SC.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Spike

I'm still seeing lots of bachelor groups and groups of hens. No strutting or anything of any kind here in SC where I am. Headed to Charleston next week, hopefully they be starting up!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

ya all this snow in missouri is gonna help put the breeding season on track this year i think
Old 03-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I scouted the property that I hunt this past weekend ... SE Alabama. Unseasonable cold and over cast Saturday. Colder Sunday morning ... clear sky, and windy. I heard some gobbling both mornings. More on Sunday than Saturday. Watched a gobbler and Jake in a field with hens late Saturday afternoon. Only turkeys that I saw. The gobbler strutted a lot. The Jake hung back about 30-40 yards. They all left together, headed for the roost.

As previously posted, one if my hunting buddies had several trail cameras out during February. All were on food plots. On 3 of these were photos of gobblers strutting in front of hens.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Fork Horn

Been watching 3 different flocks and no strutters.